1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Texans trie for a Romo trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by crash5179, Nov 16, 2016.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

the Broncos did it with Payton Manning and won 2 AFC championships and 1 Super Bowl championship. Romo was MVP caliber 2 years ago.

Edit: I screwed up the title

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm trieing to understand

T for 3 and Svpernaut like this.
  4. Svpernaut

Seriously - he even brings up Peyton Manning to try and prove his point... completely missing the fact that Peyton Manning had the worst season of any Super Bowl winning QB in history. Hell, he went 13-23 for 104 total yards and an INT in Super Bowl 50, or 4.52 yards per passing attempt. In other words - his Super Bowl performance was worse than Brock's game last week against the Jaguars.

ramotadab likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

#1...trade deadline has passed
    #2. They dont have the cap room. His contract is crazy.
    #3. You dont trade for a QB thats missed most of the last 2 seasons with injuries.
    #4. He will cut in the offseason by the Cowboys because of his 19 million cap slot.
    #5. You cannot afford him in the offseason because of Brock's cap number. You cannot cut Brock until before the 2018 season.

#5 Mr.Scarface, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Svpernaut likes this.
  6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

he is probably talking about the 2013 MVP Peyton Manning that led the Broncos to the Super Bowl but lost to SEA.

7. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Manning was a free agent signing, not by trade, Jethro.

And "trieing"? Really?

8. crash5179

1. It's just a question to see if the Texan fan base is interested. I never claimed what the Texans should do.

2. I'm not talking about trading for Romo during this season. Jerry would not trade Romo at any cost during this season. The question is about trading for Romo in the off season.

3. The Cowboys will not waive Romo prior to June 1. If they waive him you have to try and sign him as a free agent. How did that work out for you when you tried to sign Payton Manning? It's a rhetorical question so no answer is required on this one.

4. The Texans are still waiting for their 1st decent QB in the history of the franchise. Trading for Romo gives you the chance to draft a QB and watch for a couple of years while Romo plays.

Congratulations on pointing out my title error which I already points out in the OP. Fail on your part Jed.

9. crash5179

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Forget Romo, Jay Cutler should be our target.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hell Naw the naw.

12. Svpernaut

19-10!

[​IMG]

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Much Maligned Matt Schaub WAS a VERY DECENT QB for the Texans. No Texans QB before or after has come close to sniffing a Pro Bowl like Schaub did go in. I'm going against the fans on this one.

Peyton Manning's last year was one of the worst all time, especially for a Super Bowl winner. Does that erase all his multiple good seasons from BEFORE? No not even. But in Texans fans standard Matt Schaub's last season measures as the ENTIRETY of his career. Might as well say Jonathan Joseph and Brian Cushing were never good because of recent down years.

On Romo, I think it'd take an all-out Brock & Texans collapse to even think of making a move for him. Like Brock pulling 2 Hoyer-Chiefs games and missing the playoffs by a couple games. Romo makes too much money to where he has to be a SURE HEALTHY upgrade. And Romo doesn't quite have the Farve/Peyton/Brady "move out my way, kid" prestige at his CURRENT stage, he might get a camp invite to COMPETE for starting spot not inherit it. I'm sure some teams would take a flier on him if they can easily shed their QB's salary so its not too much on 1 position. But this is still the Texans here.

15. Svpernaut

But did he win a Super Bowl that year? Nope. Just showing that stats mean **** in the grand scheme of things. Results are all that truly matters.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No! Tony Romo is the football version of Yao Ming.

17. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

We all know who the Texans are and they are not a team to make a move like that. I always thought romo would fit in kubiaks system and I'm sure he can run this one but he is brittle now and the line isn't that great

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Injury prone. No thanks

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do we have two posts on this?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's twice as stupid as the average Texans related hot take so it takes twice the threads to express it I guess.

Svpernaut likes this.