1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Texans sign ________???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Mar 1, 2013.

1. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Wow we have to here it from The Ravens Insider... LOL Where's
    Pancackes on all this??? Hes probably still watching the replay of the Baylor Games...

CRAZY SMH

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>As @<a href="https://twitter.com/ravensinsider">ravensinsider</a> tweeted former Browns WR Mohammed Massaquoi visited the Texans. Expect a decision between Hou and Jax soon.</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/320183391880351747">April 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I won't lie, I know nothing about this kid. Is he good?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not sure he's an upgrade over Walter and it wouldn't stop me from drafting a receiver in the first. ("Surely anybody is better than Walter! Walter was terrible!" Blah blah blah)

I'm guessing the Texans feel opposite and they feel they won't have/need to take receiver first. Maybe not.

#304 J.R., Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Former 2nd round pick that's been stuck in purgatory in Cleveland his whole career. A team ranked 32, 29, 29, and 25 in yards since he's been in the league.

I think he'd be a great low risk/high reward signing. Guessing Jax is probably offering a bit more money though.

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

If the reports im reading on Twitter that Domenik Hixon was signed by Carolina for 659,000 are true??? Just wow. Where are the Texans on this deal???

7. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Ew, I'd rather have Barden. Massaquoi does nothing for this offense. He's not a game changer, no separation speed and he gets lost at times on the field but he blocks well. Hmm sounds familiar LoL

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Hope he chooses Jaguars on this one... Screw the blocking..
    Blocking for WR is overated.... Het you a burner Steve BReaton, BArden,
    David Nelson

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Out of the 3 you mentioned the only true "burner" would be Breaston.

Barden and Nelson are known for their size not speed.

You guys act like anyone we sign at WR from here on will automatically be plugged into the starting lineup to replace Walter.

One thing I can say is KW knew the system and he knew where he had to be and made some pretty big catches in certain situations. These guys that we are considering to sign will more than likely be battling for the 3rd receiver spot (if anything) against the loser of Martin and Jean.

Our rookie wideout(s) would also be in the mix, so relax.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Martin and Jean combined for 16 receptions last year. If one of them is our starter, we're in serious trouble.

11. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Here's hoping we get Massaquoi
    Go Dawgs

12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Steve Breaston i would be down

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

There's no one else on the roster to compete for the job.... so what other choices do we have.

To give them some credit both guys were essentially rookies last season, so maybe with a full season and 2 full training camps under their belts maybe we could see some improvement.

Regardless of who we sign (unless it's Victor Cruz or someone of that nature, doubtful) these 2 will automatically be pushed up in our depth chart.... *shrug*

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

#314 J.R., Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Is he available, I remember he signed with Chiefs after leaving Arizonia and haven't heard anything from him after his first season there.

16. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I think Massaqoui would have been a good fit here. Now hoping for David Nelson...

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's why I think the Texans have painted themselves into a corner and their best shot at getting a contributor at WR2 is by taking a WR early in the draft. That's no sure thing, but the chances of a first rounder giving you what you lost in Walter, however much (or little) that way, are greater than Martin or Jean doing the same thing.

And if not that, a FA like Massaquoi would sadly be the frontrunner for the spot over who we currently have on roster.

Martin had only 1 catch in the last 7 games. 1 catch, and it was for negative yards. You can't expect a guy like that to progress to starter caliber in one offseason. Like I said, if the Texans have to rely on somebody currently on roster to step up and be the #2 WR, that's probably not a good thing. I think is a regression from Kevin Walter, at least for the immediate future. Considering how disappointed all of were in Walter's production as the #2, going backwards from there would suck.

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Rolando Mcclain.

/lmao

19. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jaguars reached agreement on a two-year deal with former Browns WR Mohamed Massaquoi.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/320263254414872578">April 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Hey Rick thats Barden with a B LoL