1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Super Bowl Sunday Be a National Holiday?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!! We have a winner! A National Day of Recovery!

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The Monday after should definitely be a holiday.

It doesn't have to be "Super Bowl Monday". Make up something to where even the non-sports fans will feel like it's somewhat important ... or they could just move MLK day to the day after the super bowl.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My boss has already warned the entire department that anyone who calls in sick on the 5th will automatically be written up.

I agree with MEOWGI, this game should be played on Saturday.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Word...I can't wait to eat my arse off...

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Two points

1) What's the point of having a holiday on Sunday? The day off should be on MONDAY as already posted here. It should be a 3 day weekend so people can party it up on Sunday without repercussions the next day. Let's not fool ourselves, the SB is the most watched TV event of the year. Everyone watches it, everyone has parties and get-togethers. Make it a 3 day weekend with the Monday off. No question, make it a holiday. We already work way too much in this country. Another day off please.

2) No more of these BS holidays for banks etc. Either we ALL get the days off, or no one. Retail of course is different. We have to shop at those places on our days off. ;)

My 3rd point would be instituting a 4 day work week...but let's get the above items done first. ;)

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Keep a check register, and plan in advance to get your cash/checks/cards/travelers cheques/etc.

;)

They are federal days... regulated by the Federal Reserve (see the Wiki entry quoted earlier). And for WIW... several banks don't get all of those anymore, and are IDIOTICALLY doing business 7 days a week (which is impossible to really do, since the Fed is not open on Sundays).

And for the thread's overall question... No. Just tape it, or don't go to church you guilt-ridden freaks. ;)

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Yes, I say it should be a holiday. Why in the hell not? I see no downside to it.
    (as long as my mail is delivered and my garbage picked up)