1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Shwab be the starting QB Next Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Honey Bear, Dec 23, 2012.

?

?

1. Yeah, he still needs another 6 years to adjust and reach his ceiling

30.8%
  2. No

49.5%
  3. I'm too overweight and apathetic to care

19.6%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yates is the solution if they have the nuts to start him at the beginning of the year

2. 713

713 Member

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

So tired of this argument... Schaub IS a top 15 to top 10 quarterback. If you don't believe that then look at his stats. Can he win games in January, who the hell knows because he doesn't even have a sample size yet! I'm sorry but a game in October or December, no matter the opponent or the size of the tv audience, is not a playoff game.

That said, would I be open to upgrading his position if given the opportunity. Yes, but not if it comes at the sacrifice of other key positions.

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Love is a bird, she needs to fly
    It's clear Severe Rockets, is an emotional guy
    He wants me
    But I don't know who she is

Shwab left him hanging, now he's found a new target
    To waste his time with hate and regret
    You're broken
    When your heart's not open

If I hadnt melted their hearts
    We'd never be apart

Mmmm

I've melted you all

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It comes down to playing it safe with a guy who's really a top end backup, or having the courage to sail into unknown seas with potential for a starter. A lot of the sentiment here reflects the life decisions you've made - lock yourself into a bad decision then stick with it because you're too afraid to make a change.

You wont get Brady via trade... but there are plenty of Russell Wilson's out there who can be nurtured.

6. Orange

Orange Member

Maybe its time to sign the Honey Bear??

1 person likes this.
  7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

What makes you say so? Is it his 4-4 record as a starter, or his amazing preseason? Schaub over the last two seasons has a 19-6 record.

Yates has guts, but he's not accurate from what I've seen.

Vick
    9 INT 10 Fumbles in 9 games played. One way to turn a good team into the Eagles is to bring Vick in as your starter. Next...

Rivers
    Not much of a change imo. Schaub has a slightly better QBR right now as well.

Name a few. I wouldn't be totally against drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and have him ride the bench for a season to learn the offense.

8. Classic

Classic Member

Alex Smith?

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Schaub is our weakest area of strength. meaning our top players against the league by position; Andre is a top WR, Foster a top RB, Daniels a top TE, Brown top LT, Myers top C, Watt top DL, Joseph top CB, and even Cushing top LB when healthy.

Schaub is upper middle of the road. Nowhere near top of any NFL QB power list. Not even the top 5 best player on his own team.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This is the only season in which Alex Smith has had a higher QBR than Schaub. So I don't see the point in giving up a 1st round pick, or whatever San Fran is requesting, for a similar QB.

11. Classic

Classic Member

Bottom line come crunch time tho, does Alex Smith have a bigger set than Schwab? Guess we'll find out soon enough. Still haven't seen Schaub in the playoffs.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

alex smith running the boot leg without cement boots on. :eek::eek::eek:

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

LOL at Michael Vick, Alex Smith or TJ Yates........hahahahaha

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you mean yates who won a playoff game and almost another.

all you guys are too focused on a bull**** meaningless reg season record. who cares, they just need to make the playoffs

15. Classic

Classic Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0wV-u6Vnr7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

most people outside of Houston dont watch texans games and only see what the homers see. great stats.. i can find plenty of football fans who think schaub is nothing more that a fantasy football legend.. he is the weak link of this team, been saying it for years..

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

think future

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Tebow anyone??

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The Texans won a playoff game, not TJ Yates. Tim Tebow won a playoff game too last year and he can't even get on the field for the Jets

TJ is a turnover machine. If he was the QB this year, the Texans are a .500 team or worse.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why think future? This team has homefield throughout the playoffs, #1 seed in the conference. And you are focused on the future? Makes no sense