1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Rockets Fear Thunder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by celebrevida, Dec 13, 2017.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I would prefer to play the spurs honestly.

JayGoogle and rocketseagles07 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

we would’ve won comfortably with a healthy CP3

the CP3+bench units would’ve destroyed them, and everyone plays better when CP3 is available, especially Harden

we were missing a top 10 player and each member of OKC’s Big 3 shot at least 50% which is extremely rare, yet we still could’ve won on the road

OKC is not that good

DonKnock, Scarface281, s3ts and 6 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

no way in hell would I rather play the Spurs than OKC in the playoffs if Kawhi is healthy

San Antonio has the coaching, experience, and BBIQ advantage...their role players always step up...they move the ball like very few teams do

they always out-execute us in the clutch

OKC is just a talented team that plays low IQ, inefficient ball

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Neither the Spurs nor the Thunder scare me for the Rockets. Not being healhy in late April ... that scares me.

5. NateNate

NateNate Member

James Harden not being aggressive or disappearing scares me

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

#whatscaresyou

Emtenndo and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

If we had luc to slow down melo or Westi and cp to run the second unit we win this game easy. Look OKC can’t play any better. That was there A game and we were pretty bad so i’m not discouraged at all.

DonKnock, Pen15clubber and cbs1507 like this.
  8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Based on what I saw today, the Rockets are going to be fine.

This loss sucks just cuz losing three in a row (all to not-elite teams) sucks balls after the run we were on, but all things considered, I didn't hate what I saw. Thunder have been hot, and were always tough to beat at home, but we played them tight. Solid defense, especially considering two of our top three-ish defenders were still out. Thunder defense was tough, but we still put up well over 100, and Harden got it going a bit eventually. Blew a lot of good, open three-point looks... And the refs blew a critical foul on Harden's 3-pt attempt at the end, too. They really didn't want to call any fouls in crunch time today.

And if this is how the Thunder have been winning recently, color me unimpressed. This is basically the same as last year's team with a couple bigger names. Solid defensively, but on offense, still garbage. Nothing but defended, ISO, long-range 2s. They were just going in at a high enough rate to win today (and presumably in general lately). If Carmelo keep shooting like that, they're gonna be tough, but something tells me that's not gonna get it done come April.

DonKnock and s3ts like this.
  9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I fear the best player on that team and the mvp of okc and that man is Steven Adams

DonKnock, s3ts and NateNate like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets should fear all 29 teams in the league with the way they're playing defense right now.

mfastx likes this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If we had one more competent guy on offense we would have won this game. We will be fine when cp3 cums back

12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Nah, we would be fine if everyone is healthy. I would only fear the warriors.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. NateNate

NateNate Member

I hope he cums back playing hard

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pure

Truth

DonKnock likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley said the rockets are better than the thunder on the post game show

16. arubato

arubato Member

When healthy, I don’t care if it’s OKC or the Spurs. If not healthy, even the Pelicans could beat us.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

GSW the ONLY team that scares me right now.

Missing CP3 is huge and we still almost beat them and they are playing their best ball in the season right now and we are playing our worst.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What we should fear is a non-healthy Rockets team. Nothing else really matters.

A healthy Rockets squad would beat OKC 4-1 or 4-0.

IMO, the only team in the NBA I would make a clear favorite over the Rockets is the Warriors. The Cavs and Spurs are question marks. Everyone else is clearly inferior.

Don't let this 3-game slide bother you too much. Rockets had developed some very bad habits near the end of the streak. This happens. They got away with it against Utah but they got bit by the Lakers and Clippers. Those losses should help knock the arrogance out of this team.

DonKnock, tinman and s3ts like this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

health is the biggest factor in the playoffs for this year's team because of our crappy depth.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Honestly I got the same feeling out of this game.

I was annoyed with the Lakers and Clippers losses, but losing this game it didn't make me feel that bad.

Melo has not ever shown a track record of shooting efficiently. How often is that going to happen? Especially when our defense on him was great for the majority of the game.

We win this quite easily with a healthy team.

I'm not worried about the Spurs, or the Thunder come playoff time, no matter how well they've 'gelled/figured things out'.

Reeko likes this.