1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Morris replace 2Pat at the starting 4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spdngyns69, Dec 20, 2012.

1. kastuul

kastuul Member

If he can shoot 3 and rebound better.....

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I think the answer should be who plays better without Asik in terms of defense, rebounding and as a low post threat. At this stage it is Patterson, and hence Morris should start.

And Morris can stretch the floor better when Asik is in.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morris is inconsistent with his jumper and the other with rebounding and playing hard.

Play whoever is ready to play. None that loyal ****, They all work for Morey.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lowry 2.0?

/s

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

^did I read that right. No wonder he was clipping his nails in disgust when he was on the bench suited up while his team was playing.

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

At this point Morris and PPat is a toss up to me, but at least I don't get frustrated watching Morris.

I get frustrated watching PPatt make dumb turnovers or plays.

7. tjones'mama

tjones'mama Member

I only got to see the box scores tonight. While Pat scored more than Morris, I noticed he once again had 0 free throw attempts. That is the one thing that peeves me about him.

8. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Patterson should start. Better PF upside.

Morris is just a jump shooter, the poor man's Maurice Taylor.

9. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

10. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I say let Pat continue to prove he's worthy. He seems to get complacent. Let him earn it. I want to see him hungry on a regular basis.

I've been fooled by SoftPat too many times before.

11. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

2 Pat is a better shooter, so I would say, yes, start him over Marcus Morris. Seeing Morris score kind of hurts.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Morris should start. He moves the ball better and he can also be developed as a starter. The big plus about having Patterson come off the bench, is Patterson gets better looks. Lin gets that 5 minute stretch where he has been pretty good about getting our guys looks. I also like Patterson matching up with Smith and giving us a better defensive lineup in the second unit.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

PPat's defense is good for the bench. We all see that when Asik is out, interior defense suffers.

PPat may be better at closing games while Morris' offense gives the starters a huge lift in the halfcourt offense, esp. when Lin and Parsons are not hitting their shots early.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Also he has a weak foot, playing him heavy minutes may aggravate the condition again.

Don't want PPat going in and out of the starting line-up

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Great game by Patrick Patterson! If he rebounds like this every night, the coach will have no choice but to start him. Just keep doing your thing and things will happen for you!

16. allaroundplayer

Keep Morris as starter, no question about it.

He has to bounce back next game though.

Will we ever score 120 points again with 2Pat (less cutting & spacing) playing 20+ minutes?????

I don't like this comment either by 2Pat:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/patrick-patterson-rises

(comfortable coming off the bench?)

Right now, yeah, just because Marcus is playing extremely well starting and right now we’re in a groove with that lineup. As long as I’m playing I’m fine, but at the end of the day I’m competitive just like him – we both want to be in that starting lineup so both of us will do whatever it takes for us to maintain that starting position and, for myself, I’m going to do whatever it takes to get it back.

There is no "I" in team. Let your play do the talking!!!!!!

Is he trying to psyche-out Morris???

He has to force McHale to put him back in by his play, but I don't think that he can. Certainly not because of 1 game, which actually wasn't that great overall as a team game.

17. Viola

Viola Member

If he rebounds like this every night off the bench? Then it means we just find our sixth-man baby!

18. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Patterson needs more post moves...Im tired of that one move he does and then he ends up passing the ball out of the paint cause nobody falls for it...with that being said Morris should keep starting

19. gate470

gate470 Rookie

I agree with your assessment on going w/Morris over Ppat but I don't think he said anything wrong about trying to get his starting spot back.

20. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Overreacted