1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Melo just retire after this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tha_Dude, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let's hope Lakers are this stupid.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Porzingis skips season exit interview due to frustration with the Knicks direction.

Good job Phil!

I'll give 2 first round picks. Gordon. Bev. Ariza. Capela for Porzingis.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The no-trade clause did exactly what Melo wanted it to do: Keep him in New York. Winning isn't the most important to him. It's living in NYC.

He pretends to love the Knicks and he pretends winning is the most important thing. But the bottom line is Melo wants to wake up in NYC every day of the year (or as often as possible). He wants to see his wife and kids.

I wish he would just admit it and stop acting like a ring matters.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Knicks can be a playoff contender with a team built around Melo. Phil Jackson just needs to be smart about it.

Eric Gordon & Lou Williams are starters on most teams in this league. Gordon, Williams, & Capela for K-taps.

Williams
    Gordon
    Melo
    Capela
    Noah

That's an EC playoff team.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Ain't gotta fake an injury when ya can't be traded without your approval.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope you aren't serious.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he actually put 4 jokes in there

1. Knicks can be a playoff contender with a team built around Melo.
    2. Phil Jackson just needs to be smart about it.
    3. Lou Williams are starters on most teams in this league.
    4. Gordon, Williams, & Capela for K-taps.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Yeah, I want Porzingis, but that is too heavy of a price. Picks yes, Gordon yes, PatBev No.Hell Ho, Ariza yes, Capela maybe, Dekker, Harrell, and?
    Come on Morey, I know you can skin F***head Phil. Get er done.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Melo is going to be a huge plus for the lucky team that is able to grab him.

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

For us... trade Ryan Anderson and future 1st

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I never agree with SAS, but he is spot on with this rant.

dmoneybangbang and da_juice like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It is not Melo's job to defend himself from Phil.

That falls on Lala.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I love Capela, but i'd trade him in a package for Porzingis without second thoughts tbh. Let's say Capela + Anderson + Lou + picks, i'd do that in a heartbeat...i guess. Porzingis is looking like a future hall of fame to me, maybe i'm a bit too optimistic cause i just love him as a player but eh...

But it won't happen anyway, they won't trade him...i mean, as much as they can be dumb (we're still talking about the Knicks), if they're really going to risk losing this guy cause they stick around with Melo wow, that would be the worst move ever...in any case, every team would be all over him eventually, and i don't even think they need Capela tbh, Hernangomez is an interesting young center, pretty good to play for Phil too i guess.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As to the main question of this post, why the hell would Melo retire? The ONLY thing he cares about is the money he's being paid and the Knicks are foolishly on the hook for 54 mil more. If he cared about anything else, he wouldn't be on the Knicks right now.

16. dmoneybangbang

It simply amazes me how incompetent folks are who are in major positions. Maybe SAS is right that Phil Jackson just doesn't care and is getting those checks.

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I read on The Ringer that Melo and Lala split up. Maybe he's be open to a trade now? Maybe if he plays well enough he can get one more paycheck. Maybe like go to the Blazers for Evan Turner and some picks. Never was much of a Melo fan but seeing him just retired would be really sad.

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Melo should just head to the Clippers next season. Him and CP3 are close. CP3, JJ, Melo, Blake, DJ. That's a mean squad.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

They really need to trade Carmelo, but I honestly don't know where he can go. He could go to the Lakers (pieces and cap space) but then he's stuck in a situation not much better than the Knicks in a competitive West. I thought maybe they could send him to OKC, but the numbers don't work without Enes Kanter going out to a third team (not sure how that would work). Aside from a Blake Griffin, Austin Rivers deal for Melo there's few situations that work. Dallas could theoretically take him- but I doubt they find a deal that works for both sides. Ironically, Denver could pick him up for Gallinari or Wilson Chandler and some other pieces. But I doubt Melo accepts the trade to either of those two teams.

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

want to feel bad for melo but he asked for it. Had a chance to join us and took New York. Enjoy the Big Apple .