1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Melo just retire after this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tha_Dude, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

melo should retire and give back all the rings he got whilst in new york

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LaLa is not giving up her rings.

Jontro likes this.
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I got in an argument with Lyft driver last week. He told me Melo was the best scorer in the nba and a top 5 player, way better than Harden or Westbrook. I told him he was an idiot.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

should have fought him breh

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I expect Melo to end up in LA or Chicago

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

You should have been like "GD, this is a MFing time machine you b drivin' bc maybe 5yrs ago he was.."

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

lol. Phil can't stand Melo.

I can see him getting traded to the Clippers.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Phil is a terrible "GM"
    Carmelo is a loser
    Knicks are losers
    James Dolan is a loser
    and they all deserve each other.
    ;)

Zboy and Torn n Frayed like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

How did you leave out Noah?

I think Charles Oakley should be the next GM.

PyroTex likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm okay with Noah but he was broken(breaking) down & Phil brilliantly gave him a fat contract.

Rose is hurt again so he'll probably give him a fat contract too.

President Phil Jackson said Derrick Rose told him he'd like to return to the Knicks and Rose wants a chance to redeem himself.

It looks like Jackson wants to bring back Rose and try to trade Melo, which shows just how differently he's thinking compared other successful NBA front office execs in 2017. Chances are some team is going to overpay for Rose this summer.

Yung-T and Nook like this.
  14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The no-trade clause in his contract killed his career. Sometimes players don't real realize getting traded can be a blessing especially if you are stuck in a bad situation. There is a lot of fluidity in the NBA, teams can turn it around with the right acquisitions. Melo chose the wrong kind of leverage. He could have asked for a 5-year deal with a player option at the end of year two, hit free agency last offseason and control his own destination. There would have been plenty of interest in him getting another max contract for at least 3 more years before he turns 35.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I love Phil. He's hilarious. Don't give a ****.

Glad Melo's time is up in NY, not glad that he most likely comes West further making this conference extremely difficult to get out of while LeBron just bites his finger nails through the EAST. If he would just put aside his need for a bright lights, big media city, he would do just fine in Atlanta with Dwight/Millsap/Bazemore/Schroeder and some good bench depth and great coach or Indiana playing small ball with PG13 or Miami with a dominant rebounder and shot blocker and a good PG. He needs a team like he had in Denver. Depth with lots of good role players where Melo's own role would be strictly as the scorer.

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Melo has always been my least favorite "superstar." Even when he's been a crucial part of Team USA, I don't see what people are so crazy about.

He clearly doesn't care about winning or else he would've signed with the Bulls, Clippers or Rockets a few years ago. Instead, he took the money from the most colossally mismanaged team in the NBA and throws his hands up when they can't build around him. The Knicks have been an embarrassment for 20 years and he shouldn't be surprised.

J.R. likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

It will be interesting to see for how much he's going to get traded. I think no more than a very low 1st.

After he gets traded, his new team won't be able to even trade him later on without his consent.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He will try his best to sabotage any trade.

Watch him magically need a knee surgery right before the trade.

19. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Melo & the Knicks organization deserve each other. Especially after what Dolan did to Oakley.
    The only good thing in NYC is Porzingas, too bad Isiah Thomas ain't GM anymore, we could have bought him for a ham sandwich & a Dr. Pepper

20. King901

King901 Member

Per sources, meaning me, like holic, and some others, what if LA's backup plan in case they lose their pic is to get Melo