1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Lin play PG full time or be replaced?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 21, 2013.

1. rocketblood713

Yea I need some links for the Daryl Morey didnt want Lin rumor on here I havnt found it the only thing I keeps coming up is that he regret cuttin Lin on Dec before he went to NY

2. Caris

Caris Member

If this really happened, then it is very disheartening. I'm sure more-so for Lin than us fans. :(

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

if you guys take that for a grain of salt I feel bad for the type of objectivity you demonstrate.

4. brick

brick Member

This is quite understandable because the current "system" the coaches have been cooking up for almost two seasons has no place for real PGs and PFs. After they cut Lin last season, did they use Lowry and Dragic properly ? While fans are hoping to upgrade our PF, why don't they give Greg Smith and Jones some minutes at 4 ?

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Ridiculous.

I just want to quote this so people fully understand how absurd some of Jeremy Lin's fans are. You actually think the basketball operations side of the Rockets wants to pay Jeremy Lin, and then ruin him?

Give me a break.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yeah, that'll look good on everyone's resume.

7. wukong

wukong Member

Yep. totally agree.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What a coincidence, I just read one of his other posts and will make it the first quote I ever put in my sig.

When the owner of the site has to come and call you out....

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

:Facepalm:

10. rocketblood713

Im still looking for this "rumor" ..LOL !

11. Nook

Nook Member

Alright, I have bit my tongue long enough. Harden is a far superior player than Lin. Harden and Lin may have a similar fg% (Harden has been in a terrible slump) but Harden goes to the line more than anyone in the NBA. Harden is one of the most efficient players in the NBA. Harden has more assists per game than any nonpoint guards except LeBron James.

I like Lin but to act like he is on Harden's level except for some grand conspiracy is absurd. Indeed, the only person setting picks for Lin is Harden.

12. mothman

mothman Member

During the first few games of this season, Parson (20+%fg) & TD (0/15) were shooting horrendously, they were given the long lease to shoot thru their slumps. Chandler played 40+ mins throughout those games.

13. kcal

kcal Member

Well now you're putting words in my mouth. Lin is under-utilized. I see him scoring 15-18 ppg, with 6 or 7 apg, as a traditional ball dominant point. In this scenario, Harden would be a 23-25 ppg scorer WITH FAR LESS EFFORT and with a much lower chance of burnout, since he wouldn't be asked to do everything.

I hope this clarifies my point; it is a bit disingenuous and offensive to see others putting words in my mouth, but whatever.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Douglas played a total of 10 minutes a night with Lin averaging 38 minutes the first few nights, so not sure Douglas really got a chance to play through anything.

Who would take Parsons minutes?

15. Nook

Nook Member

I didn't put words in your mouth, but whatever. The difference between Harden and Lin is not that Harden shoots 20 times a night and Lin 11.

16. kcal

kcal Member

Well, yes you did, but whatever. I'm exactly at the point where I can see why civility completely disappears, and I don't want to join that mob.

17. Nook

Nook Member

That is exactly what you wrote...

You know what, I don't care. If you want to back track go ahead.

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

appreciate if you can post the link. TIA.

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

There was a thread... "Morey Wanted Gogi, not Lin"

....that the people on the basketball side of the organization were never as high on Lin as the ownership.

That only Les pushed for Lin and Morey did not really like him.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So what you are saying is.

A fan site dedicated to Jeremy Lin, where a post makes the observation that the coaches have it out against him, is to be taken seriously?

Okay I'll make my observation. McHale and Sampson loves Lin, they love him more than any other player on this team. In fact, the only reasons Lin is not traded yet is because of the coaches.

There.