1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Lin play PG full time or be replaced?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Redick or Jimmer would be a nice fit next to Harden at the back court. We dont really need a traditional PG if he is to play next to Harden.

2. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Does this mean Sampson is taking over the coaching job again? Makes a lot of sense! we are seeing the same Jlin when Sampson was the headcoach! and we are also seeing the same Jharden as well! ISO ISO ISO
    And guess what?? we are back to .500!!! SMH!!

3. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

How about you go to a game and give us an account of what goes on? The guy is obviously trying to contribute. If you have nothing constructive to say why post anything at all?

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Wow :eek:, so Jeremy is a lockerroom cancer now? So disappointed in Jeremy. I thought he was a good guy. I'm reeling at the thought.

5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

how did you arrive at that conclusion? doesn't seem to say anything about locker room at all...

6. krouchchocolate

Just read the fan's post and did not see where it mentioned Jeremy being a lockerroom cancer

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

starting to think he tricked us to make us read the whole thing :confused::confused::confused:

8. rocketblood713

This is why when the Rockets signed Lin I wasnt jumping for joy like alot of other people I was more like "hope he does good" ..lol

9. rocketblood713

"Sampson and McHale simply don't like the kid. Please just trade him and make life easier on everyone."

If thats the case then why would they have brought him back and signed to a contract ?

10. Grigori

Grigori Member

I don't see how this is even a question.

We have already seen what happens after that one game Harden sat out in San Antonio and how we rolled and blew people out when screens were set for Lin, then suddenly McHale switches back to pre-San Antonio offense with Lin bringing the ball up the court then immediately passing it off or passing it off 2 sec later to a player coming off an off-the-ball screen, and wham, Rockets lose 7 in a row.

I sincerely hope this is some kind of directive from Daryl/Les in a gambit to get Harden voted in by the coaches, but quite frankly I think it's having the opposite effect. Either way, they need to go back to setting a lot of screens for Lin and blowing people out again. This "no democratic ball" bullshat is unwatchable.

11. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

This really makes a lot of sense. I saw some of that when I went to the Sixers's game too. The coaches are completely enamored with Harden and Chandlers, whereas Lin was treated like a step child getting yelled at by McHale at one point in the 3rd quarter when he took the ball to the rim but was blocked - actually he was fouled but no call.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I love how the Lin supporters whine that he doesn't get the same treatment as Harden

He doesn't get treated like Harden because Harden has proven he's a good player in this league, whereas Lin hasn't proven sh#t. In fact, he's proven that Linsanity was more of a hallucination than the real deal. He has to earn the benefit of the doubt and so far his play is creating more doubters than believers.

1 person likes this.
  13. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Coaching staff and Morey never wanted him...Les the owner is the one who wanted Lin and made Morey give him that offer.

14. rocketblood713

Thank you ! ....couldnt have said it any better

15. rocketblood713

then Morey is stupid for gettin in front of cameras and saying he was sorry for cutting Lin lol

16. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

It's Les the owner who wanted Lin. The basketball side (I.e., the coaching staffs) immediately leaked words out that they never liked Lin, and this was even before officially signing him. It's like a conspiracy - they don't want the rest of the bball world think they think any differently from the rest of them when it comes to JLin.

17. rocketblood713

then they should cut him why the hell would you sign somone you dont want lol stupid !

18. kcal

kcal Member

But how can we corroborate these rumors? Where are the story links?

19. mil

mil Member

If you don't agree with the writer's observation,counter it with your own observation instead of giving a meaningless one-liner.So to you a post from a Lin's fan site or any player's fan site will never be objective? Stop the childish XOF or XOH and GROW UP.

20. kcal

kcal Member

Those are some angry words, yet the fact of the matter is is that harden is shooting 44% from the field, and lin 43%. The difference in scoring is due almost entirely to the fact that harden averages 21 or 22 actual shot attempts per game whereas lin is at approximately 12.

Aside from this huge disparity in attempts and touches, lin has passed very well, is a good rebounder and a very good defender. Lin's scoring is predicated upon the instructions from the coaching staff to defer to harden.