1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Lin play PG full time or be replaced?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 21, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

Yea, their contracts are pretty equal. It's very likely if Toronto wants to trade Calderon.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[rquoter]“As a point guard, the last person that needs to get going is the point guard,” he said. “But you know it’s different, too, because I’m also a scorer. I think, for me, what I just want to do is be aggressive, period, and just play-make and just let the game and their defense dictate what plays are going to be made; it could be an assist, or a hockey assist or it could be a shot." -- Jeremy Lin[/rquoter]

Wait, I thought playmaking only refers to passing, but here Lin includes shooting. :confused: :p

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

does it mean coaches wrongly benched him? :rolleyes:

4. Fighton

Fighton Member

well this quote is very telling on why we see him deferring early on in games. also why we can't expect 20 pt games from him since it's very unlikely for him to take more than 15 shots per game unless he is being asked to shoulder the scoring load instead of the "getting other going" role.

also, he got benched because he wasn't playing the style of defense asked of him. "And, as is the case with the team as a whole, the 24-year-old says his primary need for improvement comes on the defensive end.

“(It starts with) being more of a pest on defense,” he said following this morning’s shootaround."

he's trying to adjust to playing a style of D that toney and beverley plays. he has good defensive stats - and that speaks to his defensive smarts and abilities. but adding a different component to his defensive game will make him an even better defensive player.

5. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Jeremy's D is good. Yes, he was getting lit up by Kemba but he looked a bit despondent in truth and wasn't giving it his all.

Also, he had to fight through a lot of screens, conversely he didn't get hardly any at all for himself.

I get so annoyed at the coaching on this team, is it too hard to ask for Greg Smith and Asik to play as centre and PF when Jeremy is on the floor? That way it maximises all three player's strengths, both can set multiple screens for lin and can roll and board, Greg can really finish.

Stick Delfino in as SG and Parsons as SF, that is a great line up for when Harden goes out for a breather.

I've also noticed despite Harden being a willing passer, as the season has gone on, he has become increasingly Kobe like in terms of shot selection, I guess it's hard not to buy in his own hype.

6. kcal

kcal Member

No offense, but this is an exceedingly naive hope. Mac has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that harden is his go-to guy. Mac is committed to a harden iso "offense" come hell or highwater. Mac is not going to reduce harden's minutes, period.

7. kcal

kcal Member

To be more specific, harden is averaging 38.5 mpg.

8. CertifiedTroll

I would easily be willing to trade Lin for something of higher value. But what is Lin's market value?? TBH I would trade Lin for Dragic right now

9. kcal

kcal Member

In the unlikely event that that trade happens, Dragic, or any other point, will howl like crazy about the stupid iso offense, as well he should.

I predict a full-on implosion on this forum in the second half of the season, as harden wears down, jeremy becomes more pi--ed and disinterested, and as mac continues to destroy team morale with his iso offense.

I don't know if anyone here has actually played for a team at the high school or even college level, but there are lots of dumb and even some very smart coaches out there who get into a rut and become completely inflexible, even to a team's ruin.

Mac's rockets are beginning to look like such a team.