1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Lebron be compared to Jordan?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MambaJoe, Mar 17, 2010.

1. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

In terms of arrogance and showboating, yeah you should compare them.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is why the whole rings thing is stupid.

3. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You should look at their per. MJ's best was 31.7 lebron's 31.8.

5. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

What would make you say they are not even close to correct? Are you suggesting I guessed? Got them straight from NBA.com. Do you have a link with different stats? Or do you just feel like you remembered seeing a lot more of Lebron scoring and passing on Sports Center?

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

7. clippy

clippy Member

I assumed you guessed because there's no way LeBron's career avg is 23ppg.

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

9. Mr. Space City

lebron a better ball handler than jordan? :confused:

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

It is just 23 ppg clippy. Sorry.

11. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

You are so right. My bad. Clippy I apologize. LBJ's career scoring average is a little over 27ppg

12. clippy

clippy Member

No, it really isn't. Take another look.

13. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Not true. LBJ's best PER ever was 08-09 with 31.67
    MJ had 31.71 in 87-88. The same year he also won the scoring title, DPoY, and MVP. Oh and he was the All-Star game MVP too.

14. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

15. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

You are right.

16. clippy

clippy Member

17. clippy

clippy Member

His stats are down across the board this year. He no longer can elevate and is routinely getting schooled by younger players (of course the refs continue to bail him out but he can only live on that for so long). He has tremendous mileage on that body and I expect to see a quick decline from here on out. Tough luck for Faker fans and Kobe sycophants.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

On the titles, Jordan didnt get one until his 7th season. This is Lebron's 7th season. Though Lebron started the NBA YOUNGER than Jordan did. Jordan won his first title at age 28. Lebron now is 25. No one should try to compact 6 titles within 9 years, But Lebron still has a little time get at least 1/2 of MJ's accomplishments in at comparative ages not seasons.

I think Dwyane Wade compares better to Jordan's style of play than Lebron does. Both have a relentless style, good strength and body control at the rim. Can go over defenders with dunks, is the primary ballhandler and playmaker, legit ball handling and passing ability. Get a lot of steals and blocks for their height. And, Wade has won a title.

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I hate the Lakers as much as the next guys but I think Kobe is as close to Jordan as it gets, but even he is still a mile away. But still, much more skilled and developed than Lebron at this point. Lebron has the tools to be better than Kobe one day.

20. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Agree 1000%. In fact, if D Wade was 6'6" I think he would be compared to Jordan as much as Kobe. Reading your post makes me realize that DWades game is modeled after Jordan's as much as Kobe.

Even more so with getting to and finishing at the rim. Kobe gets to the rim when he wants, but he is not as strong as Jordan was in finishing. Jordan could get bumped or grabbed in the air and still get a quality shot off. Kobe just gets two free throws.

Wade isn't as strong but he is just as explosive and quick in going to the rim. However, i think Kobe having a better jumper than both Jordan and Wade (and LBJ) will allow him to rely on his shot a lot more and perhaps stay in the league a few years longer than the others.