1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Kevin McHale lose his job after the first round loss?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 3, 2014.

?

Should Kevin McHale lose his job after the first round loss?

1. YES

410 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. NO

38 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Hmm

Hmm Member

Especially when the coach is of the attitude that, "They should know what to do (a core of twenty somethings), I don't know why they didn't do it"..

And his response to media questions over lack of adjustments is a bunch of clueless stammering, and stuttering... and repeated ineffectual remarks like "ball got sticky"..

Rudy T made the quote "Never underestimate the heart of a champion!!" Famous.

McHale did the same with, "The ball got sticky."

What a moron....

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

Please, do yourself a favor GMNot (a very appropriate moniker btw) and go watch McHale's latest post-game gem...

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You forgot to mention that this happened in the first round....again. We lost 4-2 last year too remember?

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

And I likely would've been 4-1 if not for outside intervention via Elie and Hakeem pep-talk, and Dwight pumping Linsanity for game 5...

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It could've been a 4-0 sweep had it not been for Troy Daniels.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

7. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

LETS DO THIS! We want Thibs!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I feel good about this prediction: Thibs becomes this summer's Doc (traded for a future 1st round pick), then Chicago hires Fred Hoiberg.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/statuses/461948265261318144">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

There you go...

9. count_dough-ku

I'd love Thibs, but I don't see the Bulls buying out those last 3 years on his deal. If he were to willingly walk away from it, then sure they'd let him go. But would Thibs really do that?

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I don't want a stutterer.

11. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

I dunno, but the Bulls have definitely done everything they can to make him want to quit with trading away Luol Deng, letting Asik go, firing his top assistant Ron Adams and being so incredibly cheap that they often only had 12 guys under contract when one of them was Derrick Rose, just to avoid the luxury tax.

Doc Rivers was in exactly the same situation with Boston, 3 years left on his deal, and he managed to force his way out. Typically in these deals, the coach leaving foregoes any remaining salary, and signs a new contract with the acquiring team.

There's already smoke with the Lakers sniffing around, but they don't have the draft picks available, nor the talent to make it attractive.

Thibs has lived in Houston before under JVG, and is a big analytics guy. He made DJ Agustin and Mike Dunleavy into good defenders, and hid Carlos Boozer effectively. If you can get him and Carmelo, I'd give up more than what the Nets did to get Pierce/Garnett.

12. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yes. I would be surprised if he comes back. I don't want all over again next season. I want different and experience coach. I want Adelman, Jeff Van Gundy, or George Karl.

13. andersongo

andersongo Member

Almost everything that I predicted at the start of the season came to pass: Harden's gimmick offense and terrible D was exposed (No place to hide on D when facing elite teams) and McSuccess finally went full r****d. However, Harden is redeemable while McSuccess is hopeless. Fire McSuccess now !!!!

14. sutton

sutton Member

there are 58 MOFs, disgrace!

15. count_dough-ku

Well, if Thibs is available, he's at the top of my list. He's done an amazing job with the Bulls. Imagine giving him Dwight and James.

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

WTF is the point of players being comfortable but loosing? eventually theyr going to whine don't you think?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No. Thibs is the Dusty Baker of basketball, I don't want to see Howard and Harden averaging 47 minutes a night in the regular season. McHale's stupid rotations are a big reason to get rid of him, don't get someone who is even worse at it.

18. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I want him fired very soon so we can feel good and dont think too much about that game 6.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hope Calvin Sampson feels like a big piece of **** right now.

20. count_dough-ku

Thibs didn't have much of a choice. His star player went down(again), and his front office gave away Luol Deng in a blatant attempt to throw away the season. It's not like he had a deep team to work with in Chicago.

Believe me, Howard and Harden will never have to average 40 minutes, much less 47 under Thibs. You know why? Cuz the Rockets will actually play defense which when coupled with their offense will result in many blowout wins which means garbage time in the 4th quarter and rest for the starters.