1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Covington get some real minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Feb 5, 2014.

1. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Now that Garcia is terrible and Casspi seeming to slump and making bone headed moves all over the place, perhaps its time to infuse some fresh young blood into the bench minutes.

Covington is long(7'2 wingspan), big(6'9) and had a decent jumpshot. McHale really should try him out. Its not like Garcia and Casspi are doing all that great.

1 person likes this.
  2. King901

King901 Member

There u go sleepyazn, SW901 from the cast js, although Garcia is injured, I would still like to see Covington get some minutes to show what he has.

3. Clarinetmonster

Absolutely!!! His 3pt shot looks really good and he's about 10X the athlete Garcia is.
    sorry, I'm sure I post too much, as been pointed out before - I blame it on the meds:)

4. King901

King901 Member

One of the games where he got a few minutes, he shot threes, he wasnt scared to shoot with people in his face which was actually good.

5. Omer

Omer Member

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wouldn't hurt to give him 5-10 minutes a game at the 3.

7. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Casspi/Garcia should have their minutes given to Brooks/Covington, especially Brooks!

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

yes casspi needs to sit his ass down

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let Covington EARN his minutes by impressing the coaches in practice. If he can't do that, I don't want him in the game.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

im actually down for this, so long as we start him off against poor competition.

ideally, we dont have to play him because we trade for a legitimate wing shooter/defender

12. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

In limited minutes, his defense has been poor (got turned a fair amount), but his 3-point shot is gorgeous. Wouldn't mind him playing for Garcia considering Garcia can't shoot or defend at the moment.

13. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

His defense is terrible

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LMAO. He was KILLING me tonight.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Wouldn't hurt. Casspi has been MIA since the pre-season. Now he's become a turnover machine and missing FT's to boot. I doubt McHale will cut his minutes tho, remember he personally recruited him to come to Houston.