1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Capela get all of Joey Minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Apr 14, 2015.

?

Should Capela get all of Joey's Minutes ?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2015.
  1. Yes, Capela should get all Joey's Minutes

236 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. No, Dorsey give us what we need

28 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Its a simple question that I hope management can take note of. So many positives come from playing Capela even playoff minutes.

1. He gains experience
    2. His quickness, defense, and explosiveness... he covers way more ground then Dorsey
    3. His energy (I get excited when he is in and I believe our fans do as well)
    4 In true Morey fashion it increases his trade value

*** I rather trade DMO or Jones, NY 2nd rounder, and the number 14 to move up into the top 5

Draft D'Angelo Russell, Emmanual Mudiay, or Justise Winslow

Capela is a stud in the making

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Dorsey seems to be a better rebounder than Capela. Capela is better at just about everything else. Except maybe free throws? If that is even possible?

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOLs @ no free throws at all.

At least Dorsey is a FORCE and gets rebounds and scores if fouled. :eek:

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Capela can actually get to 10 Points from all of the alley oops. Dorsey has zero offense.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's risky to run him out there in the playoffs completely untested, but Dorsey is so bad that maybe it's worth trying Capela for a few minutes in Games 1 and 2 and see how he does. Especially with Dorsey's foul shooting. I don't see how you can leave a guy on the floor who shoots 26% from the free throw line. Capela at least could potentially make 1 out of every 2. He shot 60% in the D-League and hit 2-4 last night.

6. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

ALL? No I think Dorsey can be relied on more in the playoffs because of his experience. I think Capela should get a lot more playing time though. I wonder how well Capela would guard LMA if we matchup with Portland.

7. thething

thething Contributing Member

This is a tough question. The eye test says that Capela is a much better player than Dorsey. Capela is involved in the offense more with his dunks, and he obviously is a much better shot blocker.

The question is whether the Rockets play better with Capela or Dorsey. Advanced stats say Dorsey but I don't know if I believe it. I just wish we had been playing Capela all along so he could have the experience. Now I don't know who is better for the playoffs.

Not true. Capela has the advantage on rebounds and shot blocks. It is everything else that is the question.

8. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Capela also doesn't have a huge sample size when comparing statistics. In recent games I would say Capela looks MUCH better than Dorsey.

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

But are we getting the Capela that looked great yesterday or the one who looked lost out there? With such a small sample size, we don't know. A lot of risk either way. Capela has the upside so if we're not favored to win, maybe we go with that.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would be elated if Dorsey wasn't even on the playoff roster. It seems like every time he is on the floor, bad things happen.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not all of them, no.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Whoever can hit FTs

13. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

The jitters aren't going away sitting on the end of the bench. When he's gotten on the floor for stretches he's shown his effectiveness on both ends. I'll take a nervous Capela over an experienced Joey Dorsey any day of the week.

14. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Yeah. Joey is booty

15. RESINator

RESINator Member

Absolutely not. Capela is flashy but he is lost on the offense. This is all on McHale for not giving him minutes in regular season. Playoffs is late for this rookie to get experience.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not all of his minutes.

17. hookem89

hookem89 Member

Capela is shooting approx 60% at RGV, which, relative to other Rockets big men, is respectable.

Dorsey is a walking liability any time he steps on the court due to his abysmal FT shooting. He shouldn't set foot on the court in the playoffs.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Are you serious? He clearly wasn't ready for minutes at the time. The D-league was exactly where he needed to be.

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

It really depends on the matchup. If the Rockets get Portland, then yes he should because I don't think he would leave Leonard wide open for threes given he appears more comfortable going out to guard on the perimeter.

Dorsey has more strength which makes him better against the Clippers in a pinch to match up on Jordan. Otherwise, I think the Mavs and Spurs would just freely foul him all day and run him ragged potentially doing legit damage to have s confidence. Given the Rockets can go with a three big rotation against the Mavs and Spurs, I wouldn't let Dorsey or Capela see the court in either series. The person who should play as the fourth big is Kostas given both the Mavs and Spurs like going small and Kostas can stretch the court and give relatively higher awareness than Capela at this stage of their careers.

20. Garner

Garner Member

Watch more games.