1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should/Can/Will Rockets go after Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pete Chilcutt, Jul 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. malakas

malakas Member

IF Westbrook is on the trading block (which is not certain) there will be a market for him. Not just two teams, not just Boston or LAL..
    Presti will sell him to the highest bidder simple as that.
    There are teams that are willing to take risks.
    Another one is Michael Jordan.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

True, but does MJ have enough assets? I'd say no. And overall i don't see teams selling the house if he's not willin to resign there...i mean, who wants him will have to trade a lot of assets, and i don't think they'll do it if they're not sure he's staying there, that's why i dont' think a lot of teams will be in the mix at the end...

I obviously think a lot of teams will have interest, yeah, but who has enough assets and a competitive team to have Westbrook interest?

I'd say Lakers are in front of everybody if we're talking about assets, if they throw in Russell and Ingram, there's just no way in hell someone can beat that offer.

But who can give Westbrook the better group of players to play with while having very good assets to trade for him? I'd say Boston.

Suns have good assets but not as good as the Lakers and Celtics (unless they throw in Booker), they're also in the west and with a worse roster than the Celtics, unproven coach, old and injured players around...i don't know, i can see them trying to be in the mix, i agree with this 100%, i think it's guaranteed, but ending up in the lead...eh...

Maybe Orlando (lol) is an interesting destination, a package of Payton, Gordon and somthing else...or a three way trade where they send Vucevic to a third team, with picks to OKC and Kanter to Orlando...don't know, but i can see something like that happening.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Westbrook can force a trade. He can offer to sign an extension in Houston to play with harden.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Don't wory after Parker's retirement he will jump on the Spurs.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Any legitimacy to the guy from Sporting News saying OKC favors the Rockets offer of Ariza, Bev, Brewer & KJ and Westbrook desiring a reunion w/Harden?

6. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Not sure OKC would even trade with us after the Harden trade. I don't think they would want to hear the backlash from the fans after first trading harden for peanuts and ruining a pot. Dynasty and then giving us Westbrook to pair with him.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Link?:confused:

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Why do you guys give me these ragers man

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Just saw the rumor. Unless he's not willing to extend with any other team, our offer is pretty much garbage compared to others. Would be SUPER interesting though!

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I honestly think that the whole Westbrook bev rivalry would turn into them being best bros. bev basically wants to be Westbrook anyway and you know bev would be swingin on any boys who ****ed with Westbrook

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

WTF yeah, let's get the guy responsible for KD leaving OKC :rolleyes:

Westbrick is a ball hog of the highest level, it's the first time I saw a team LOSE more games when a star player scores 40 pts than they won! Kevin Martin is a big whiner but even he described OKC as a grindhouse and not fun to play in, this is probably why KD also left to join GSW with Steph Curry acting like a clown every time he sinks a 3. The point is if WB is there b-ball becomes a chore, even when playing with your friends when you have the loud mouth around who takes 30 shots, makes 5 then talks about how he scores double digits every game how much fun will you really have?

We trade for Westbrick and I'm pretty sure Harden is gone in 2 years.

13. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

You're basically describing MJ and Kobe's demeanor and how it affected Team Chemistry.
    I'm not saying WB is on the level of those 2 guys, all I'm saying is he has that sort of personality, which means It's not a bad thing.
    Pau had no issues playing with Kobe. Pippen had no issues with MJ.

14. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

You're nuts. We need to trade everything besides Harden for Westbrook. If we don't acquire another star in 2 years Harden is gone.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We're not getting Westbrook regardless what we try to do.

And thank God! I can't think of anything worse than adding a Top 10 player at our biggest position of need.

16. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Exec: Russell Westbrook 'Hundred Percent Gone' From OKC No Matter Kevin Durant's Decision: <a href="https://t.co/XRQqXJAzZC">https://t.co/XRQqXJAzZC</a> <a href="https://t.co/qwU3jIlxVb">pic.twitter.com/qwU3jIlxVb</a></p>&mdash; RealGM (@RealGM) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/750507079564005376">July 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is the executive Jerry West?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, he and Harden don't fit.

Hell Durant left because Westbrook is a ball hog, and didn't consider Houston because Harden is one.

Neither of them is good enough to lead a team, nor was Iverson or Dantley.

DD

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The Thunder took the Warriors to 7 games, up 3-1

Westbrook can win a championship. I would die with happiness if WB came to Houston. He is a top 5 player.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Funny how KD says this after backlash starts to happen over him going to a 73 win team. He used that as an excuse that's all.