1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shots fired: tilman says someone screwed us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

True and false. We had separate deals in place to acquire J Green AND Wayne from Miami. Miami decided to deal with the Suns. We missed out big time on Wayne.

Also, I'm hearing we're not done. Till is pissed, and I was told to expect one more swap. Watch Memphis, Charlotte and Orlando closely today.

We still have eyes in Memphis for sure...

And players are speaking out on so many damn teams about loyalty and wanting out. (Hi, Harrison. Damn, that was f'd up)

I'm pleased with Iman, but all I knew from that deal was that the Kings were the facilitators of trades this year. WCS was close.

PipeDream is still in motion for picks. Beans....

And, a mention of a low impact swap for a BIG as insurance. (Admittedly, I don't see this happening despite the intel. I think we look good with Clint and Faried as a center duo with NeNe *(if still here) going into the postseason)

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

3. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

So many codbombs, will mash F5 till the deadline passes! Crap.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Codman

Also thanks for providing the link. I have known about JayGreen for so long, and it irks me that he isn't here....and I'll just say yet. That was from a good ear, even as early as the end of last season. Whispers of Trev testing out the market and the lux tax had us really eyeing JG.

He is incredibly underrated....

I still say you pick him up for this run. James is amazing right now. Add the fire power of a stretch 4 or 3-D. We have Shump, but we also have some odd puzzle pieces that don't fit as well.

Picks, odd man out and run it back. Memphis is done emotionally.

Also, lots of chaos with the Clips. Guys can be had....one Clip I know wrote from his Fakestagram that the Tobias trade has f'd up the locker room.

Just FYI.

Love ya'll.. Happy Trade Deadline day.

Cross your fingers for just a little more of #decreasethedrop. We're starting to look good...really good.

SAD Edit: Looking at my sig, My Ears came through with the right names and facilitators (Kings), but some of the locations changed. Annoying...even Twin could have been ours. Welp, Otto was a "non-starter", Tobias was a center piece, and now the entire league looks different.

#104 Codman, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You should probably be against a Green deal now my man because it would likely require Nene's salary. :(

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Care to tell us how you know this?

Probably not. Another fake insider (or more likely, that same old one on a burner).

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Adding Shumpert was a good thing....it took me a while to warm to it (but, hey, I tuned out "Revolver" and "Achtung Baby" on my first listens and on the second or third go-rounds they are among my favorite albums), maybe because he isn't a "name" and he has the Tilman expiring.

I do think we still need a big that makes a difference. Not an AD, because I won't dream, just someone taller than 6'8" who can shoot and board.

Plowman and don grahamleone like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

This might be the same Grizzlies GM that traded Kyle Lowry to the Rockets, hated us since than.
    Plus Grizzlies were living in the past Parsons with the Rockets making 10 3s against the Grizzlies,
    Grizzlies thought they signed a Franchise player to a max, now selling off Conley, Gasol, now Grizzlies are stuck with that terrible Contract.

Grizzlies drafted Hasheem Thabeet over James Harden with their 2nd pick in the 2009 draft.
    That is how bad the Grizzies Franchise is.

#108 rockets1995, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

Danuel House is 6'7" and a poor rebounder statistically. Does he help?

10. don grahamleone

I feel bad for @what ... that franchise had something with their grind attitude then they just suddenly gave up on that ideology.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am guessing Chriss was going to be routed to Miami for Wayne to help cut Miami's LT costs. And BK+1st to Memphis for Green.

Once Miami backed out, Rockets did their backup move for Shumpert. And sent Chriss to Cleveland to get a 3.2M TPE.

Wayne still might be available via buyout if the Rockets are interested. But where are the minutes?

If the Rockets are STILL talking with Memphis, I wonder if they could get Green in a 3-way deal.

FYI: Nene+Ennis+Hartenstein FOR Green works financially.

Can't see Beal being moved today. If Washington is going to move him, feels like a summer move.

Shumpert is ok as a 3&D wing. And probably better than Temple. But missing out on a range shooting 4/5 in Green is frustrating. It is a NEED position.

There is talk that Markieff Morris could be bought out now that he is on the Pelicans. Rockets should keep an eye on that. @Codman do the Ears hear anything on a Markieff Morris buyout?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yep, we can barely cobble enough together for Green. That's still doable so let's monitor that.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, the fact that the Rockets couldn't get him via trade is frustrating. Wiz basically gave him away to the Pelicans. But @KellyUnchained said Morris could be bought out. Do the Ears here anything on that?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Pat Riley is in the Miami Front Office, a former Rocket player, Former Knicks Coach and 1994 lost to the Rockets.
    Bitter since then.

15. what

what Member

If the grizzlies keep Mike Conley, this team without Marc, Garrett and Jam, slowing everything down, is going to start winning games.
    Ivan Rabb is one in a long line of overlooked pf's throughout the years: Zach Randolph, Carlos Boozer, Paul Milsap, to name a few.

The year that the grizzlies drafted Rabb, the main reason that he fell so far back was due to the fact that he came back to college the year before after being projected a lottery pick, and he didn't make a huge leap and scouts thought that he might have topped out.

Rabb and Jaren are two of the most athletic and skilled big men pair in the league. Most teams in the league that have good centers have those lumbering euro guys, or a few lucky teams have athletic beasts: Greek freak, The Brow. Rabb and Jaren are a lethal combination.
    Plus, I am loving Holiday next to mike.

The sad thing is is that usually when I want something, it usually happens the opposite of what I want. If the grizzlies trade mike, they will be unwatchable for the next 5 years. :(

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It was supposedly Memphis. The Green/Temple deal.

17. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

So is the PipeDream reference Beal? Davis? Bazemore?

18. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Fans say: Tilman screwed us.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Jaylen Brown, apparently he wants out and Beans = Boston

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. Codman

We've talked. NeNe understands. He's expendable. I've made that clear all year. He wants to play with James and MDA, but he knows the business. Has told me that Houston has treated him better than Denver and Washington.

Also, his agent told him within the last week "This might be it."

He get it. It's all love.

Love you, Ne, if you're reading.

Handles, noppeper, Vivi and 8 others like this.