1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Short Handed Bulls rout Atlanta

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Oct 13, 2001.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

2. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

p-r-e-s-e-a-s-o-n

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Damn, that's a decent little team they've got going there. I predict average things for the Bulls this year... which is 3x better than what they were last year. :D

4. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Last year is gone.

[​IMG]

5. Band Geek Mobster

Damn Curry is money from the line...

1 for 7...ouch...

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Ha ha ha. Not much else to bag the Bulls on this night, eh BGM.

Thats hometown shakes. He was at 75% or so in high school.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Preseason or not that's pretty impressive! Of course we'll see what the rooks can do in the bright lights of the NBA regular season with a ton of pressure on them! Atlanta played their projected starting line-up (minus Ratliff) an average of 28 minutes and still got whipped like a dog by an undermanned Bulls team. Something tells me they're going to take awhile to develop their chemistry. Don't we get the ATL to start the season?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You cant spell Bullsh** without "Bulls" :p

9. Band Geek Mobster

Yeah it's so hard to criticize this epic preseason battle of the titans...

10. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Sigh.

Just can't say anything nice, can you?

11. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

"Thats hometown shakes. He was at 75% or so in high school."

GB: I live in downtown Chi, I'm hoping you do too. Curry will be awesome, but he wasn't 75% last year.

12. roydelton

roydelton Member

So, the Bulls wanted to win the game, and Atlanta flew up here just to lose like that, or Houston is too good team, which actualy won't bother to win those preaseason games (I know they wet thair asses to do it against Dallas, but ...
    The Bulls 1-0
    The Rockets 0-2

About Curry's free throw shooting percentage ... At least he doesn't shoot 42% from the floor, like some guy you know.

Hallo to Gettinbranded ... RoyDElton here.

13. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

South Shore..."or so" is the operative word there. I can't find the specific numbers, but nbadraft.net says: "Unlike Shaq and Wilt, does not have the achilles freethrow curse." and highmajorhops says "Curry will make a living at the foul line, due to no one being able to prevent his attempts to score. "

His percentage is up there...even if not a exact 75%...

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hey guys,
    Let gettinchandlered have his fun. He's not going to have much of it once the season starts.

15. Brad

Brad Member

funny thing, the yahoo article doesn't mention anything about the Bulls being short handed, but that Atlanta was a little light without Ratliff and Henderson. :confused:

16. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

:D

17. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Well, it's nice to see the rookies do well in their first NBA game. Good FG%, 2 blocks apiece. Curry had 4 rebounds in 12 minutes? I wish Cato would do that. :) I don't have much expectations for the Bulls this year besides a positive outlook (finally) for the team's potential in a few years, but props to Chicago if they can make strides this year. Maybe Curry and Chandler will make a run at ROY if they get enough minutes. Is either of them likely to be a starter, if not right away, maybe later in the season? Is Chandler playing the 3 or the 4 presently?

Atlanta's projected starting 5 certainly look good on paper. It'll be interesting to see whether Shareef continues to be haunted playing on a talented team that doesn't go anywhere.

Anyway, good luck to the Bulls. I hope they have a good, positive season. But I must say...

A: Jamal Crawford.

GB: Bulls Fan #1.

Ah HAA HAH hAH h AHHAHAAHHA HaH hAHHA AH AHHAHHA!!!!! Hee hee. That's the funniest joke I've heard in awhile. :p

18. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Starting PG Jamal Crawford is out for the season and Ron Artest, the teams best defender, just had finger surgery.

19. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Ha ha...we will see, my friend. We will see.

20. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Tough to say. Floyd says they'll get the minutes if they learn to play defense.

Being competetive, winning games into the mid-twenties, seeing the rooks develop...thats making strides. I think they'll do it all...