1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooter Wanted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Rock MVP, May 27, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its alright DaDa, everyone makes mistakes.

We can't always be right.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, I guess that was the exception that proves the rule.

;)

DD

3. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

So you are saying we are missing someone like Steve Novak? Oh wait........

4. Dei

Dei Member

Oh, I thought this was what Shane Battier did on offense?

Seriously, though, our in-out play this year has been atrocious. The one thing nobody can take away from T-Mac is that he freed up shooters.

5. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

T-Mac has great court vision with his lazy eye. It allows him to keep one eye on the defender and one eye for finding open teammates.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Brad Newley
    [​IMG]

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i've been saying this for a while, but i think you used bad examples....we don't need him so much because other top teams have them, some of you examples aren't really dead eye shooters, just guys who all they do is shoot .....but i think the reason we need one is because we have guys who attract double teams and we need a CONSISTENT shooter more than anything to keep the defense honest. I love Novak's shooting and sure wish we'd kept him around to see if he improved his handles a bit and his D...but it doesn't look like he will, but that's basically what we need, someone with his range from all over the court, we can take a weaker defender since we have good team D, but no way can we afford a weaker defender AND a weak dribbler, but i guess if you're athletic enough to handle the ball you should be a n ok defender.

I haven't seen budinger play a lot, but i think he's got the shot and handles doesn't he? Plus he'd got a nice vertical...he may not be much as the go to guy or as a starter, but surrounded by this group? I think he may work out. How's his basketball IQ?

8. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

hmmm Mike Miller?

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Guys you named:
    Jazz:
    Kyle Korver - 38%
    Magic:
    JJ Reddick - 37%
    Rashard Lewsis - 40%
    Hedo Turkoglu - 36%
    Cavs:
    Mo Williams - 44% (32% in playoffs)
    Daniel Gibson - 38%
    Delonte West - 40%
    Wally Szcerbiak - 41%
    Lakers:
    Sasha Vujacic - 36%
    Derek Fisher - 40%
    Nuggets:
    JR Smith - 40%

Rockets:
    James White - 50% (small sample)
    Aaron Brooks - 42% (Playoffs)
    Brian Cook - 42%
    Ron Artest - 40%
    Von Wafer - 39%
    Tracy McGrady - 38%
    Shane Battier - 38%
    Brent Barry - 37%

10. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Dada, where would you put Camby anyways ? At PF ? I dont think that would work. And 10 mil is a lot of dough for a backup center. If we're to trade TMACs expiring, it'd be for someone along the lines of a Redd, who could space the floor for Yao. Not saying this is on my priority list or anything, I think we'll just let TMAC expire, but if we were to trade, it'd be for someone like that, an all star wing who can shoot. And this would also fulfil the OP's wish ;)

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

at 10 mil, with two bad ankles, prob not

12. DaDakota

Backup center and I think he is an expiring contract too, so it would be another asset to trade.

DD

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

if camby is also an expiring contract, it might be worth it. But if it goes longer than 1 year, I don't think 10 mil is good for an aging backup center.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Can we stack trade exceptions to make a deal or can we just use one per trade? Maybe just package up our expirings Barry + Cook + trade exceptions for Troy Murphy.

He is a little overpaid, but he is a legitimate backup center and offers us a good shooting big man which is something that could fit into Adelman's offense.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like Murphy, but I would prefer a bigger, more defensive minded/rebounding backup center.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yes!!

Troy Murphy would be perfect for us. Murphy has flown under the radar for much of his career but like you said, he's a big man who can score and he gets on the boards. I'm not really interested in anything else the Pacers have to offer. Maybe we could get involved in a 3 team deal with the bulls where we get Murphy and Salmons, a perimeter player who can score, shoot the 3 and make plays for his teammates.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ron was our best 3-point shooter this year. Believe it.

18. DaDakota

He had a pretty good year until the playoffs and teams started covering him out there.

His career 3pt percentage is not that great.

I don't think Ron is staying he will want more money than he is worth...and someone might give it to him.

DD

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Troy Murphy is a Pipe Dream, a Legitimate PF who is a terror on the glass and can also shoot from distance?

Forget about it.

I'd love to have him though.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, It started when Yao went down and all the attention was put on the perimeter. It was expected I think....

To your last, Who will?