1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooter Wanted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Rock MVP, May 27, 2009.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You may want to re-think some of your examples.

Outside the others you mentioned, Rafer Alston shot better for the Magic than JJ Redick. He sucks. He's a shooter that can't get many minutes on a team that jacks up shots. Gee, I wonder why?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That was Boki and he is now available.

:D

DD

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Was that a joke?

I really hope so...

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I would prefer an all-around player, someone like Hedo or Ariza. Ariza is a FA and Hedo has a player option. If we don't sign Artest, we should make a play for one of those two guys.

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Maggette will be 30 this year and has played more than 75 games only once in his career.....I also dont agree that we can make do with a slasher who cant shoot 3s, I think any wing that we get has to have that on his resume. I see how you like his attacking, and FTs, but he has many, maaanny other weaknesses.

6. DaDakota

I see him as a better fit for all the double teams that Yao creates...same as Wafer on his drives only Maggette is much better and gets tons more calls.

He adds a dimension this team needs, a guy who relentlessly attacks the basket.

If we trade Tmac....and we should.....I would not mind getting like...Camby and Maggette for him....

Just my opinion.

DD

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

How the hell are we going to get Maggette and Camby for Tmac?

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Cleveland is the one that needs a shooter or at least one that can hit a shot in the playoffs. The Cavs sweep this series instead of being down 3-1 if they had a guy who could hit the deep ball in this series with consistency.

9. DaDakota

I think the Clippers are flagging financially, and they are looking to unload Maggette's contract, and Camby expires this year too and will be looking to leave.

You have to get equal money in matching contracts.....maybe we get Kaman instead of Camby but the $$$$$ needs to match.

But at the end of the day...we are talking about MOREY here...come on now Moes...

In Morey we trust.

DD

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Apparently you forgot to notice what team Maggette played for this year.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You mean it's not 2008?

12. DaDakota

Hah, crap you are right....I was mixing my Baron Davis and Camby trade with my Maggette and Biedrens one.

ROFLMAO....ooops.

What can you do though? I am drunk, in the UK, in my hotel room, bored out of my mind....

DD

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Huge miss DD. Magette plays for the Warriors and just signed a 5 year/50M deal with them. The Warriors are probably paying him the equivalent of 20M with all the games he's missed and he's not even starting.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I would love to see them go after JR Smith if we don't resign Wafer. He is very wild but he is so athletic, great shooter, and very very young. He has a lot of upside along with the thug mentality and lackadasical play every other game.

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

Pietrus sounds perfect....

16. DaDakota

We need a better player for Tmac's contract than him...

DD

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Really? Boki went from THAT to routinely firing airballs from 15-ft with the Rockets.

I always thought that Turkcan was drafted based on some ridiculous number of 3's he made in his workout.

18. DaDakota

Maybe they both did?

Boki is available though, he might make a decent Wafer replacement if he is signed elsewhere.

DD

19. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Nice one DD!!!

I bet there is alot of players who could score 20 ppg in the Warriors offense given the opportunity to hog the ball on the court. How well would he play around Yao Ming is the ultimate question. I think he would make us even tougher and bigger. You can only have so many egos in the locker room though and he has been known to do his own thing on the court sometimes.

I can already see Ron and him getting into a fight over who should put up the next reckless shot.

20. Asian Sensation

You're proposing a guy who hasn't even played a single minute in the NBA to be our 3pt threat? Not very smart..... You also left off Von Wafer who was one of our more clutch 3 pt shooters in the season and Artest who shot a respectable 40% from deep in the reg season.

If you're looking for a strict shooter and not much else ..we probably had arguabally the best one in Steve Novak and he couldn't buy time to save his life. What we need is well rounded playmakers who can hit the 3 but do other things like drive, create for others and play solid D.

Hypothetically speaking... players like Eric Gordon, Michael Redd, Rudy Fernandez would fit our mold very well in terms of the playmaker/wing we should be looking for.

A dream situation where we could kill 3 birds with one stone is TROY MURPHY He was 12th in the league in 3 point attempts but also had the 3rd highest 3pt % but get this.... he had nearly 2 times as many more attempts than the 2 guys ahead of him in Morrow and J Nelson. He also solves our need for a legit big man to play big backup minutes for Yao (more rest for Yao is needed) or he could play big minutes at PF. He's also a great rebounder and brings toughness. Definitely a Morey Ball typer player in terms of effeciency and style of play. Think Okur with less slightly less scoring but more rebounding, much tougher and sans man bag.

Not sure how many years he has left on his contract and I know it's a pretty hefty one but I'd definitely look to take him on even if it meant giving up a Scola+fillers or Mcgrady's expiring for Murphy + ?