1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shocking Development re: CSN Houston...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mattj, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

There are 192 free agents this offseason.

So far, 7 of those guys have come to terms with teams.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/freeagents

Yeah, I think the criticism of how they're handling free agency in the 2014 offseason MIGHT be a bit premature.

2. Granville

Granville Member

I agree 100% but good luck with those here who think they control thought in these threads.

3. MadMax

Because I disagree agree with you does not remotely mean that I think I can control your thoughts. Clearly that's not the case.

4. Granville

Granville Member

Not sure why you have to always make things personal.

5. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't personal, I have never met you.

It is an observation, your posts tend to be very bitter, especially in this thread.

6. Granville

Granville Member

Where did I say he should have spent the money by now??? I just said he's holding out over money he likely won't spend anyway based on the comments of their GM regarding their philosophy this offseason. I also cited one source from the article who agreed with what I think that philosophy means.

7. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Okay we are addressing actual comments from the gm

8. Granville

Granville Member

This thread isn't about me, not sure why you say stupid things about someone you don't know. You brought my wife in to this at one point so I'd call that personal too.

Exactly what am I bitter about?

9. MadMax

I didn't read that you said that. I read comments from otis, which I was responding to...like:

and

and

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Obviously, that was the biggest typo I've ever made on this board.

11. Granville

Granville Member

More of a Freudian slip.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I didn't bring your wife into anything, it was a figure of speech. I have never met your wife and didn't even know if you were married or heterosexual.

No, the thread isn't about you, but you have posted in it a great amount and have come across as very bitter.

I don't know what you are bitter about.... you tell me. It goes beyond the Astros though, as you have posted similarly in other threads.

For all I know you are the happiest, cheeriest person in the world in person.... but on this site you come across as bitter.

13. Granville

Granville Member

In his defense, he is right in regard to this point in Crane's ownership of the team. Crane should have spent more than he has. Tanking like Crane has is embarassing. I hope you understand how purposely trying to lose is unethical. We could rebuild the team and still acutually try to win some games. The fans have to expect that the team is trying to win the games that they pay to come to.

14. Granville

Granville Member

It wasn't a figure of speech, it was an insult aimed at me using my wife as an instrument to insult me. If you have read some of my posts as you have claimed to, I have posted about my family life. So you know she exists or you haven't read enough of my posts to know enough about me to make your ignorant comments.

Whether or not, you think I am bitter is way more off topic than me bringing up Crane running the team like a greedy b*stard yet I don't see your back slapping buddies calling you out for that.

I think you need to focus on your own personal problems and not worry so much about what you ignorantly think are mine.

15. Granville

Granville Member

Also, for future reference, maybe next time you make things clearer by stating that I never said that instead of replying in a manner where logic would indicate you were saying I did. Being an attorney and all, I'd think you'd be a champion for clear and concise communication.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Like inquiring about Mark Trumbo?

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Um, maybe you should tell your boy you can fight your own battles and MadMax wouldn't have had to respond to him.

Man, Longhorn Fan proving he's the smartest poster in this thread...

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

This thread is done. When there is relevant news about the CSN issues we can start a new thread. The current FA discussion can go in a thread about FA, the back and forth about who attacked who and such can go to email if so desired. If crap starts up in other threads, I will start requesting people be banned from this forum.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.