1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shipley Donuts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dream34, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

You're crazy. Donuts have a lot of fat. Krispy Kreme donuts, for example, are 50% fat.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yuck, you are right. I thought icing was all sugar but it's a mixture of sugar and fat. I guess the fat is what gives donut icing it's greasiness.

3. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

not to mention they are fried...
    basically bread that is fried then dipped in sugar.

4. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

The donuts are usually made from a batter that includes eggs, butter, and milk. Then they fry that.

5. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

but they're so good...

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Like Shipley's donuts good enough, I've gotten away from wanting the sugary frosting, I really like the unfrosted cake donuts you find at the smaller donut shops.

As far as kolaches, anyone that thinks Shipley's kolaches are the best hasn't ever had any other place's kolaches.
    The original Kolache Factory in Pasadena was awesome supreme back in the day,and these days I really enjoy the ones at Dannay's in Highlands and in Channelview. Shipley's kolaches arent even close.

7. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Haha yeah la carreta is great. If you get a chance go check out la granja. There's a bunch in the Palm Beach/broward/Dade area.

My grandparents are from Savannah and my parents are looking to move back there in the next year or so for retirement. Augusta is probably the only "major" city in GA I don't recall ever spending time in though.

And btw I just got to Calif for the first time this weekend for a wedding and immediately had In n Out. Good, but didn't come near to living up to the hype and expectations in my opinion. (I actually think 5 Guys is better)

The best meal I had today truly was the Pappa's beef sandwich at the Houston airport in between flights. I forget how good Texas BBQ is.:(