1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sherman, Texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by haven, Oct 2, 2005.

1. haven

haven Member

Due to damage to the place where I work after the hurricane, I'm stuck at a hotel in Sherman, Texas for about a month. What's cool here, besides going to Dallas?

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You can clap your hands and say "Hercules, Hercules" over and over again.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My dad is from Sherman. Its nothing to do. Although I was there in April for my Grandfather's funeral and I can say they are starting to revitalize it. It used to be really dead, a lot of factories moved out.

Not trying to make this into a racial thread, just to show you how funny things are in this country. Sherman used to be literally divided by the traintracks between the black and white side of town. I've been to Sherman at least twenty times and I've only been in the white section of town once, my grandmother was in the hospital before she died.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Sherman. Just watch tv. We call that Oklahoma... :)

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

lol! :D

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Go to a CVS and buy up all the milk... :D

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Just take the drive south the Dallas...The Cowboys are playing this coming up weekend and Texas-OU is this weekend as well...Also, if you don't want to go all the way into Dallas, just go to Allen as there are a few bars/sports bars...Also, if you want to try the nightlife, just go to Addison (South on 75 and go west on Beltline...near the Tollway on both sides are tons of bars and restaurants...

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

"have relations"

9. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Do you golf?

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

How boring is a place when you have to start a thread to find out what to do while you're there and you include 'besides going to [somewhere else]'?
    :D Reminds me of a Dave Attell bit: