1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sheridan Hoops] Bobcats Shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jun 25, 2013.

1. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This might be workable depending on what Charlotte receives. Maybe Parsons and TRob to the Bobcats, Asik and MKG to Portland and LMA to Houston?

I just checked and it works on the trade machine.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lolcats

That said, I don't trust SheridanHoops.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Rockets will most likely not trade Parsons...TJones or DMo has a higher likelyhood of being a combo package...

Parsons himself is too valuable not only as a contract, but as a player...he has only improved from year 1 onwards...unlikely that the biggest fish in the FA market has been flirted by one Chandler Parsons, only to have Morey trade the guy that lured Dwight to Houston...

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If Howard was aboard you wouldn't trade Asik and Parsons for LMA? Aldridge is an all star a proven star and if you bring in Dwight your window is right NOW. Parsons is a good player but is not likely to ever be an all star. He has been rightly compared to solid role players like Batum and Prince. Packaging role players to get all stars is what every team strives to do. Parsons can likely be replaced but you're not going to find a LMA in the second round.

6. CertifiedTroll

I liked MKG.... Until I saw him shoot. And to think I thought Parson's had a hitch in his shot last season. This kid quadruple clutches the ball before shooting. But he has good effort! (So did Ryan Bowen)

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

While I would love to have LMA here, the likely scenario would actually be Love. First reason why, is that the Timberwolves are probably gonna be in a bind trying to resign Pekovic as of right now... Secondly, Love has expressed interest to play in Houston with Mchale. Next, Asik would be a terrific asset for the Timberwolves if they loose Pekovic. In terms of assets that they receive for his last contract before he becomes restricted, I would trade for Love with the following players: Asik, TJones/or DMo plus future picks...and they would get MKG from the Bobcats(as the Rockets move TRob to the Cats).

Final trade:
    Hou: K.Love
    Timberwolves: Asik, MKG, and Dmo
    Bobcats: TRob plus this year's pick

Once again all conditional on Dwight coming to Houston..

A lineup with:
    Dwight
    Love
    Harden
    Parsons and
    Lin

Bench: Smith, Jones, Beverley, Anderson, (Euro project??)

I think could work...but im not a cap expert, and really dont understand much of the nuiances of these kinda trades...

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

HornCats

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Btw, the Bobcats added Mark Price to their coaching staff like a week ago, with the main intention to work on MKG's jump shot over the summer.

Now they are shopping him? Nah, sounds like a load of BS.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

That would make too much sense for the Cavs to pass up. They get their starting 3 in MKG and could probably snag Len or even McLemore if they have to.

11. MrJason

MrJason Member

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Interesting. Assuming Noel, Oladipo and Bennett were gone, who would the Cavs take at #4?

13. basketballholic

Len of course.

14. AXG

AXG Member

Why trade MKG when they could always slide him to the two if they draft Potter? Then again, it is the Bobcraps.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because MKG can't play the two...

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>NBA source adamantly denies Bobcats are shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: <a href="http://t.co/VNUcsDU5Rs">http://t.co/VNUcsDU5Rs</a></p>&mdash; Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) <a href="https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/statuses/349675707166760962">June 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thanks Clutch...but all of this i have to say is starting to get really irritating...People that are speculating on trades and giving "source close to..." information out to the press and are misleading/providing misinformation are reasons why the media in general has lost so much credibility when it comes to reporting legit stories of trade. People now dont want to believe anything till it happens.

It is fun to speculate these hypothetical trades, but the issue now becomes, when are $hitty journalism gonna be called out??? I wanna know the people that puts this kinda info out...Time has come for "sources" to actually give credible source information or just remain silent. BSPN is one such example, but this is really prevalent throughout the world of sports. Gone are the days that sources are actually corroborated and determined to be accurate...

end of rant/

18. MrJason

MrJason Member

A lot of teams do it in purpose. Just to see how the media and the fan bases feel about the trade.

Even Morey says he checks clutchfans. Who's to say he wasn't a source for the media to get our opinion on things. I know we're just fans but hundreds of opinions on a single trade might shift someone's thought process.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yes I would in a heartbeat.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO 3 minutes ago
    All NBA execs I've spoken to say they haven't received 1 Kidd-Gilchrist call from CHA. "If they're shopping him, it's news to me," says one.