1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sheridan] Dwight Howard Unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Dec 15, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I, for one, am shocked, and I mean SHOCKED, that there are reports of Dwight Howard being unhappy when the team he plays for is losing more games than expected.

It's almost like losing games makes people unhappy and winning games keeps people happier or something.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

People are idiots, and grasping for straws when we lose

Season is still early, Dwight gonna play more minutes, he gets better throughout the season. Guy was our best player in playoffs anyways..I dont doubt Dwight even tho he makes stupid mistakes sometimes. In the end Dwight is still a great player

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

cyberx paging cyberx...

1 person likes this.
  4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Nobody is going to give up much value for him and his player option (which I think he is likely to decline). You see what happened to the Lakers after they traded for him.

Also, this article is garbage. Using an ESPN trade machine screencap image? Lulz.

Also listing him as "Sixth Option" by FGA by is silly and amatuer. At least use per game, which puts him at 5th (which is the same place he ranked on the team last year).

Not saying that he's not unhappy...he should be unhappy with the way this season is playing out...but this is poorly written.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

A tidbit to trading Howard: He has his own bit of poison pill clause; if the Rockets trade him this season, they own him the remainder of his contract + 15% extra

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

LOL @ Those trades. No ****ing way the Heat do that

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

with T-Mac?

Rocket River

8. onreego

onreego Member

If I write a post saying Rockets fans are unhappy with Harden and the team, does that make me credible?

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Adrian Dantley....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=5288

History repeating itself....

T_Man

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Really? I can believe it but I don't remember that. Do you have a link to a source for this?

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Hows this................Howard actually shoots better with Capela on the floor (74% vs. 58%) he needs Capela in the line up

12. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I think the thing we should most be concerned about if this happens is the signal it sends to future free agents the Rockets may pursue. Playing with Harden is starting to look a lot like playing with Kobe and we all know free agents avoided that like the plague.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Do it. Blow this **** up.

14. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

except Harden isnt as good as Kobe at his current age and most definitely not the defender like Kobe was... I feel like all of us can score on Harden.. at any age :p

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To be fair, I think there are players of value that teams might trade for him.

Take DMC. It's an unlikely move for the Kings, but their owner is a basketball moron and their organization is a mess, and it isn't hard to see them talking themselves into getting a veteran presence who can provide a defensive backbone and mentor a WCS.

Or the Whiteside possibility. Seems really really unlikely, but to be fair to Sheridan, his point about the Heat having to get SOMETHING for Whiteside makes absolute sense.

That said, all of that is EXTREMELY unlikely.

But, with the knowledge that he is moveable, you can at least start to look for other scenarios where a team could really use a great D, Rebound, high FG% center... which aren't readily available.

Also, not sure what's wrong with the NBA trade machine. Everybody uses it.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

And this proves James is the reason for the teams downfall how? It's a collective team effort wether you want to admit it or not. There isn't one guy on this team playing well right now. And when a guy does play wel it's only on one side of the ball or one aspect of the game.

17. No Chill Rocket

Lamar Odom will drop 42 points on harden right now

18. Asian Sensation

19. ling ling

ling ling Member

Miami can only offer the mid level exception.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

another great stat............................Houston grabs 36% of available offensive rebounds (which would have led the NBA any season this millennium) and 83% of available defensive rebounds (which would set a league record).