1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

shaq wants out of phoenix

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Arash713, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Misleading title. Where does it say Shaq wants out of PHX?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hope he's stuck in Phoenix all next season and they miss the playoffs. I used to like Shaq but now I can't stand him. His tirade against SVG put him on my bad list.

3. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Funny that he'd call SVG a frontrunner when all signs seem to indicate that when his teams are failing lately, he wants to jump ship and head somewhere more promising. Sounds like the Big Hypocrite.

4. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

He wants another one pretty bad it seems. I don't know what his deal is. Frankly, I wouldn't be happy in PHX either, if I were him. He wants to go out on a good season; I'm sure he's just tired of being stuck on a dysfunctional team that's pretty much out of the playoff picture.

5. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Who the hell doesn't want out of Phoenix these days. Dumb story.

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

Am I the only one that wonders what a Yao, Shaq, Artest front court would look like together.

Dont get me wrong, I don't want Shaq here. I think he causes way to many problems with unrest off the court, he is too old, he would want too much money and all that.

I just wonder if you could make a duo like Yao and Shaq work in the same front court and on the floor at the same time. It would be fun to watch for a little while I would guess, until you realize that the only people actually moving are the SF and guards! :D

7. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

"feel bad for Nash.." i actually do.

8. Ari

Ari Member

It tells you something about how valuable Cleveland believes Shaq is when it was reported, almost immediately following the deadline, that the Cavs were far more interested in trading for Shaq than for Amare. According to one of those NBA insiders on the NBA Coast-to-Coast, the Cavs believed that if they got Shaq and paired him with Lebron, Cleveland thought the championship was "theirs to lose".

So take that for what it is worth

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah, they were almost willing to give up wally szczerbiak to get him. but not quite.

10. Ari

Ari Member

They wanted to clear more cap space to be able to take on Shaq's nearly $25 mil per, so they wanted the Suns to take on Ben's contract.

Money got in the way, nothing else. You are quite dumb if you really think they were unwilling to part with Wally World for the Big Aristotle.

11. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

He missed the playoffs his rookie season. They drafted Webber with the #1 pick and traded him to the Warriors for Penny Hardaway and about 12 1st round draft picks. ;)

12. Ari

Ari Member

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i bet they regretted it after seeing shaq's performance after the all-star break. shaq can really get them over the hump. he's costly but like with miami, it's worth it if they win it all.