1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq says Howard coming to a "little town like Houston" a "safe move"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Oh well. Never liked Shack as an analyst on TNT either. Dude's insight is sophomoric at best and he gets super defensive at the slightest joke. Go join ESPN and leave the TNT crew to the big boys.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

either payton or webber would be so much better

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Shaq has always been an idiot.

4. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Webber please. Shaq brings no personality, insight, wit, or substance.

5. CertifiedTroll

Shaq has a doctorate in crunch bars. Don't question him.

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

more like to piss people off, thats his character..

7. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

That was more of a shot at Howard than Houston. Either way, he's clamoring for attention in his twilight years due to broadcasting not working out at all for him.

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

around 2:30 for a good laugh at the expense of shaq..

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qzts4Q_ak3E" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Shaq is a moron. He knows nothing bout Houston. Considering Houston is one of the Richest cities in the US he can talk out of his rear end all he likes.

10. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

I expected this sort of comment from Shaq. Apart from his ego, I actually enjoy listening to him and the TNT guys, especially on open court.

But as far as the comments about dwight, i think Shaq only gets testy when his own image and legacy are at stake. As time has gone on and so many have compared Dwight to Shaq, Shaq took it as a personal mission to defend his image at the expense of Dwight. In all honesty, when I watch Dwight, it does resemble a bit of Shaq and I think that's what Shaq has always disliked about Howard ... Someone comparable to him not in just the way he played but in his humor and flair.

Of course he said this comment about Dwight ... Because you know who was able to handle the bright lights of LA AND lead them to championships alongside the very man Dwight couldn't? Oh, the man making the comment about Dwight's inability.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

More bad shots then Jayson Williams lol hahahaha

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

From my Twitter this morning...

@IzakDavid13: @taniaganguli @LoveMyRockets @SHAQ SHAQ still has nightmares of Hakeem Olajuwon tearing him apart in the Finals... http://t.co/q89TExKKUZ

@IzakDavid13: @tacoman245 this... http://t.co/0cGR4ZxMAO

13. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Shaq sure he cemented his reputation an NBA legend in his day, but who really cares what he has to say now.

If it wasn't for his inflammatory digs and 'disses,' then no one would be paying much attention to him.

Perhaps he can work on "writing" another ego-stroking book in his spare time, but he really needs to be put out to pasture already.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wow, most of you guys are so sensitive its pathetic. He loves Houston, has a house here. He hates Dwight, what he said was just a way to dig at Dwight.

15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Don't get sucked in by his respect for Hakeem. Shaq is, and has always been, a low IQ blowhard.

I have no idea about his hatred for Howard, but this stuff has only gone on for 24 hours and I'm already sick of it.

I don't even really like Howard, but I'm already in his corner after reading this god-awful journalism.

16. dragonz

dragonz Member

LOL, Houston is not a small town, it is prob one of the most important "town" in the USA or even the world.

Houston is the headquarter of world's petroleum industry, which is world's largest money generating industry. What Shaq don't understand is lifestyle doesn't really "generate" money, resource and technology does. The "big light" he talked about is just a byproduct of money that was generated by resource and technology. He calls himself "diesel”, without Houston and Petro industry, there won't be so much diesel anymore, lol.

17. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Wait, did Shaq just call Houston a "little town?"

Someone please direct me to a discussion if I missed it but I haven't seen a thread on this.

Shaq called Houston a little town and then even backed it up again by saying "that's right, 'little town.'"

Even if joking (and we all know he loves to joke), that's pretty amazing for him to say that considering how many times he came here during his career and that he even had/has a home here.

Eh, W/E I'm not losing any sleep over it but there's Shaq once again stirring the pot.

18. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Relex. Its Shaq being Shaq. He never went to college remember.

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Not sure if serious.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member