1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq needs to leave TNT (updated Chuck to Shaq "Show is better without you"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, May 24, 2017.

?

Shaq should go?

1. yes

151 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. no

28 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. noppeper

noppeper Member

The way I see it, Shaq and Barkley are cut from the same mold. Kinda weird how such world class athletes with pretty much everything going for them are so insecure.

I honestly believe Shaq is being groomed to be Barkley's replacement, because, besides generational differences, they both bring similar qualities to the table.

Kenny is great at what he does, but can easily be replaced by guys like Webber, Baron Davis or the like.

Ernie Johnson, on the other hand, is something else. Even in this little manchild school yard scuffle, he handles everything with class. Dude IS that show, and is the only one who is irreplaceable.

Patience and PyroTex like this.
  2. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

NoNeck Ernie rocks, Kenny is pretty good, I love Shaq, but Tinman is right he mumbles, I wouldn't miss Charles at all.Charles & Shaq bicker like b**ches, one of them has to go.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree, except Charles is occasionally willing to laugh at himself, something Shaq does not know how to do.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

shack still around? why aren't people petitioning for him to get fired?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shaq is nowhere close to be as entertaining and funny as Charles

macho GRANDE and Patience like this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

How long has Shaq been on the show? That is how long I haven't understood anything he has said which is likely a good thing. He is the biggest "mumble mouth" on TV. Charles is goofy and says stupid things, but at least he is funny and I can understand him.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The format of the show does no favors to Shaq or the audience. Shaq's awful. The rare times he's truly funny are far outweighed by the dull, boring, mumbling BS that screws up the dynamic the other 3 had for years, a dynamic that Shaq is doing a fantastic job ruining. I'd love it if they'd give the big guy the heave-ho. Charles is Charles. What you see is what you get, and it ain't all bad. Shaq? He's all bad, with the good being so rare as to make no difference.

Patience likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

weird that i used to really hate chuck and the utter stupidity that comes out of his mouth. sometimes i doubt he actually went to college.

but then along came shack. he was able to singlehandedly turn everyone's hateful opinion on chuck into a hero. well done, big arisbottle, well done.

Deckard likes this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Baron Davis needs to have a role on the show. Either on the sideline or in studio, he is the next big thing

As for Shaq, he isn't any dumber than Charles, so I don't think that is the problem. I think having them both on at the same time is the problem. Too much dumb at once

#109 rhino17, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know if he's the "next big thing," but I'd take Baron over Shaq in a New York minute.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was the Original Beard before the Harden Beard though!

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does not matter. He isn't as terrible with comments like 'Yao can never score 20 or I kiss a donkey's ....' either.

Charles plays the Dumber of Dumb and Dumber which makes him more hilarious.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Chuck is the show. Ernie and Kenny are great fits as straight men but ultimately replaceable. Shaq is a less funny Charles with no ability to self-deprecate or think on the fly. He gots to go.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually it does
    If Shaq is causing ratings to go down or pisses off Kenny or Charles
    He will get let go
    Magic Johnson use to be on this show he was terrible but at least he didn't mumble

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Actors do mumble though....he wasn't a broadcaster before. They tend to have a clearer voice. It's in the Job description. Hasn't been trained well enough.

BTW this mini feud is clearly staged. They are friends when not on a TV show. If Chuck had the authority to sack someone, he would not do it on air.

Chuck, Kenny and EJ are the original crew, Shaq was a regular guest and became a regular.

#115 daywalker02, May 31, 2017
  16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

But that's the thing, ratings have not gone down significantly and there is still no comparison between their show and any competitors(ESPN NBA Countdown).
    Kenny or Charles don't seem to take it as seriously as you are doing. They are all friends. This isn't a daytime talk show where one co-host doesn't speak to the other co-host off the air and on the air it's all fake friendliness. They say harsh things on-air but from what we've seen of them backstage, hours before going on air, they are all friends.
    Mumbling isn't the key to a former pro getting fired from an on-air studio job. Maybe if he was doing color commentary at the games then sure.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Barkley have went on the record and says he bust Shaq's balls often since he gets sensitive sometimes but they're all good friends

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Shaq is literally the blandest thing on tv. His voice, his delivery, his jokes. He has no redeemable qualities to be on national television.

Patience and macho GRANDE like this.
  19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Shaq is a moron

He adds nothing to the show and his random babblings are quite obnoxious.

#dumpshaq

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, he was the most dominant player of an era.

He had done enough entertainment (movies), shows, there are enough Ex Shaq the player or entertainer fans out there.

I do not mind him being suspended or dropped shortly but saying he has no qualities at all, that is not right.

You just need someone the masses think is important. We are just a small group facing the grand viewership out there.

And Shaq is right, he was a better player than Kenny and Barkley combined.

#120 daywalker02, May 31, 2017