1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq needs to leave TNT (updated Chuck to Shaq "Show is better without you"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, May 24, 2017.

?

Shaq should go?

1. yes

151 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. no

28 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Shaq at least brings shaqtin a fool to the table. Chuck makes some of the dumbest remarks I've ever heard. If you're gonna get rid of one might as get rid of them both. Bring in Paul Pierce and Baron Davis.

2. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Not paul Pierce.

Going to be another sensitive personality. Prefer Chris Webber over him.

At the end of the day I'm more worried about the day Ernie calls it quits. If Ernie leaves, this show has no moderator capable of keeping it all together.

francis 4 prez, jae713 and lionaire like this.
  3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I'd love to see Tom Tolbert replace Shaq. Dude's hilarious.

basketballholic likes this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Webber tries too hard and I quickly get tired of listening to him. Same for when he's part of a broadcast team.

Ernie is the special ingredient that holds everything together. When he leaves, TNT's studio act crumbles into dust and they become ESPN. He's a very unique person.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh he has "skills": being HUGE.

DikembeOlajuwan and Tha_Dude like this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

I would be okay with dropping Shaq, just because Shaq is still everywhere. Guy advertises more than just about any athlete I can think of. And he's actually pretty funny in a lot of those ads. But, like, can we just have a Shaq break somewhere? Just a little less Shaq.

7. hakeemthagreat

He didn't ride anybody's coattails. But given his inability to hit freethrows, he was never a go-to player down the stretch of any of those Lakers teams. Who was? It was Kobe. Without Kobe the Lakers don't win any of those rings. They both needed each other equally

AntiSonic and DikembeOlajuwan like this.
  8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

That's true but Shaq usually hit his free throws late game. Hack a Shaq was invented because of him. It wasn't an often used strategy until he joined the NBA. Often times the Lakers would be shooting FTs 9 or 10 minutes into the 4th quarter because teams would get themselves in the penalty fouling him. Then players like Kobe, Fox, Fisher would reap the rewards of that strategy with easy FTs for touch fouls that would typically reset out of bounds. It gave the Lakers a huge advantage because you had to play near flawless defense without ticky tack FTs unless it was Shaq who you wanted to foul and sometimes that would backfire because he'd hit his FTs.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, Barkley is their money maker. People listen to what he says, like him or not.

CallMeTheDream and Dopamine like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Shaq is a giant prop.

He brings nothing to the table except his massive body that can be used for physical comedy.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

brehs are watching him wrong. pretend for a bit that shack is a little "challenged" with the iq of a potato and you'd be surprised how much better the show gets.

el gnomo and Dopamine like this.
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Chris Webber was great on Inside the NBA when he subbed in for Shaq a couple years ago. C-Webb is everything Shaq is not: smart, easy going, funny, and willing to play second fiddle.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You realize Barkley just won another Emmy for Outstanding Sports Analyst, right?

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Shaq's the worst. Such a childish and overly sensitive egotistical baby who loves to bully and dish out the jokes but can't take it when it's aimed at him.

Last night wasn't anything new. He's always been like this and i'm shocked people are just starting to realize he's horrible on the show. He laughs so damn hard at his own jokes.

I used to blame Kobe for running Shaq out of LA, but damn, who really could tolerate Shaq? Kobe made the right choice. They were done anyway. Might have pulled out 2 more rings all the same, but Kobe still got his 2 without Shaq which is more important for his own legacy.

DikembeOlajuwan and Jayzers_100 like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Charles is the star of the show, it's very obvious and people react to what he says because there's some truth to it.
    He's not an act like Stephen A Smith just yelling and saying stuff to be outrageous.

The whole San Antonio and churros stuff has some truth to it that's why people found it funny or offensive.

Chuck telling Shaq the show is better without him is absolutely true and I'm thinking that started Shaq's chirpiness against Chuck later on the show.

macho GRANDE and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  16. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Shaq is a bully, i dont like the attitude he brings and i cant hear him because he mubbles....

17. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

What does Kenny bring to the show?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Kenny is very well spoken and brings a good combination of basketball knowledge and basketball stories.

Inside the NBA is the best NBA show period for many years and it's not even close.

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

That's absolutely insane and mind-boggling

20. tinman

Supporting Member

The worst thing for a TV show is not if you like it or hate it, is that if you watch it or don't watch it.
    It's clear people watch Inside the NBA .

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.