1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

shaq: "Hakeem dusted my butt"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wrath_of_khan, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Milad

Milad Member

Oh, okey. The "rookie"-thing under my name is there for a reason, mr Bigshot.

"Never judge before someone judges you, that is what I did with Glenn (Robinson) when he wanted to fight me"- Hakeem Olajuwon

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you're a horrible poster.

"Milad is a raging douchebag of epic proportions" - Hakeem Olajuwon

3. Simon Honeybone

What is this TexAgs?

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

He speaks the truth, surely all the members of this board saw it live. Well, maybe not, some may not have been born. I am pretty sure there are some twelve year olds on the board. ;)

5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I remember Shaq saying things like this, but unfortunately they seemed to end after he won a couple titles with the Lakers, and he started laying claims like he was the best ever.

Also, against Sacramento he whined and whined and whined that "the only way to beat us starts with a 'c' and ends with a 't'" (implying the Kings were putting something past the officials), then he turned around and criticized the Kings when they complained about the officiating in turn. I'd say the Kings had a far more legitimate complaint. You can still say "Game 6" in Sacramento and people get mad...

6. Milad

Milad Member

I'm not a horrible poster, I'm learning.

7. Milad

Milad Member

I can only agree with you. Well said.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol....he's only refuting the 'horrible poster' part, implying that perhaps he agrees w/ the 'raging douchebag' portion :D

9. Milad

Milad Member

I'm no douchebag either:(

10. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

What is it? :confused:

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

cheat

12. Milad

Milad Member

Why did he say that?

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

In all honesty, shaq and dream played to a draw in my eyes. The difference was Kenny/ sam cancelled out penny, horry outplayed grant, clyde killed scott and anderson and their bench was trash.

The reason he respected hakeem so much is because he never complained or flopped. Sadly after that finals, shaq killed dream. He made him look really old in the playoffs afterwards.

BTW, shaq is top 5 all the time pushing every guy ahead of him .

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This thread is ancient and bumped for the wrong reasons, but this quote seems amazingly relevant after his trade to Phoenix and all the 'Big Cactus' jokes/ etc.

15. Milad

Milad Member

You're nuts!

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was because dream was old when the lakers played us and pippen got destroyed by kobe.
    the key ingredient to dreams success was his quickness. once injuries and old age got him, he couldn't do half his moves.
    I personally thought u could have given horry or drexler the mvp of that series too. they were awesome

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

"The Tip" defined the series, the playoffs, and their season.

18. GOAT

GOAT Member

when shaq used to put out rap albums he used to say then that he want's to be like hakeem. He had a couple of songs where he would give respect in all fashions to Dream.

19. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Every year when the Rockets are eliminated, I rewatch Game 4 of the 1995 Finals. I love seeing Shaq cry while the confetti is raining down in the Summit.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"we played hard and didn't give up...and uh...i'm proud that we didn't give up and we played hard"