1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

shaq: "Hakeem dusted my butt"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wrath_of_khan, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I read that same article. It was in a sports magazine. He said ewing would flop, robinson would whine, but "Dream just kept bringing it to me."

------------------

2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Robinson doesn't whine as much as a lot of my favorite players (Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Mario Elie, and Clyde Drexler to name a few). That doesn't mean a thing to me, I still enjoy seeing all of them play. I also don't think Ewing is much of a flopper. Malone, Reggie Miller, Stockton... those guys are floppers.

I have heard that story about Robinson and Shaq when Shaq was a kid. Who knows what happened to him? I can't imagine Robinson doing something that would traumatize a kid as bas as it apparently has. My theory is that Shaq has some kind of psychological problem that he is projecting onto this situation and it is going to get someone hurt (probably Robinson due to a sucker punch at some point).

My prediction:
    1) Hakeem will continue to occupy some pedestal in Shaq's feeble brain not due to the fact that he schooled him at some point in his career, but because he played him well without TALKING TO HIM AT ALL. Hakeem is shy and isn't much of a court talker which is probably the actual reason Shaq likes him.
    2) David Robinson and Tim Duncan will outplay Shaq and the Lakers in the playoffs(without flopping, whining, or cheating). Shaq will not gain any resect for DR and will probably do something stupid during the series after having his shot blocked on 3 or 4 separate posessions.

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Balderdash. Robinson whines like a bad engine and Ewing flopped like a beached trout, Olajuwon didn't do that kind of thing. Thats why he respect Olajuwon, because he played him straight up and didn't try the nonsense most other centers do.

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

And another thing, I don't know why most of you think O'Neal is so stupid, unless you're taking what he says to the press at face value.

------------------
    Founder and President of the Houston Homers Club(HHC) - Are you a homer? Join now!

The Rockets will be NBA champions. Believe.

4. Doctor Robert

Wager? Robinson will be crumpled and on the floor at some point during that series due to a cheap shot.

5. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

Just where did David SOFT Robinson get this reputation as Mr. Classy Christian?

The reason Shaquille loathes Robinson is that in 1994, Shaquille's ROOKIE year, Robinson the "classy" guy scored 71 on the Clippers in the last game of the year. Basically, the veteran Robinson showed up the ROOKIE Shaq by resorting to such a pathetic tactic as running up garbage points on the lowly Clippers. That's why Shaquille hates Robinson and it is a very valid reason IMO.

-Also, it was not Shaq that faked a back injury and sat out 75 games in 1996 so his team could get the #1 pick. That was again the "classy" David Robinson.

-History will hold Shaquille as one of the best Centers of all time. David SOFT Robinson will go down as one of the most overrated players in NBA history. I have no respect for Robinson and his "class." Sure, Shaquille can at times speak his mind and be arrogant, but he does not flop like SOFT Robinson does, nor does he resort to faking injuries to help his team win. He comes to play every night.

Shaq= Real Deal. Robinson = Soft, flopping, and overrated

------------------
    Get Cato out of there...

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Sorry Doctor Robert but just because you don't like Shaq doesn't mean we have to hate Shaq. Funny how you call Shaq crazy and disrespectful, but drop this gem on people who disagree with you and like Shaq:

You people are pushovers! I get the feeling you would sleep with farm animals if they "mooed" or "oinked" in a complimentary tone.

I don't have a problem with Shaq, never have. He has always respected the veteran players. I have been a fan of David Robinson for years, but he isn't perfect. Everybody said that Drexler was a class act and there have been some stories of him blowing people off and being disrespectful at times. They're human. Shaq hasn't did anything to make people think he's stupid or dangerous.

------------------
    See the three, be the three.

7. Doctor Robert

Sorry 'bout that one. The heat of the moment got the best of me.

90% of my criticism towards Shaq comes from the fact that when he gets pissed on court I see him do dangerous things (he gets pissed at people like DR). He takes dangerous cheap shots and is reckless on a regular basis. When you are the biggest guy in the league you should use your size to gain an advantage, not threaten people with permanent physical harm.

8. Milad

Milad Member

I luv Hakeem Olajuwon (with the big tip).

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

A 2001 bump?

Wow...

10. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

ROTFLMAO!!! From 2001. And for no good reason to bump LOLOL!!!

But reading the quality of the posts then to the BS I'm seeing now with the extreme T-Mac or Yao love/hate....... where are these guys!? Hopefully a new batch of rookies(trust me I been here long enough) could help step it up.

Then again the guy who bumped this......

11. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

I didn't notice the date when I first started reading, and some stuff just wasn't making sense. Especially the bit about Shaq being in his prime. Getting the ring last year made me check out the date. I feel better now.

12. Milad

Milad Member

I'm cool, you're cool, take it easy one me, I'm a clutchfan-G. Milad "The Bumper".

Olajuwon is unbeatable, so am I.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Would have made more sense to have bumped something like this last week before the PHX game but whatever....

14. Milad

Milad Member

Keeeeep hatin', HATER.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Robinson is a lot like mutumbo. He put 9 mil of his own money toward the school in SA. Lets not forget dream went to toronto cause he wanted more money. As a player dream was better, but don't discount DR as a person.

16. Milad

Milad Member

Who said Dream went to Toronto for money? People here in Houston were hatin' on him and he didn't get the respect deserved. And Olajuwon has donated alot of his money too so take your crappy lies outta here. And donating money doesn't automatically make you a great person...

"Read more, learn more, CHANGE THE GLOBE"- Hakeem Olajuwon

17. GRENDEL

will do rook

18. Milad

Milad Member

If you would think about making a movie about someone like Dream nobody would believe, there's no way that could happen, BUT IT DID HAPPEN!

19. GRENDEL

Um ok but that's not what I'm taking about, the article and thread are great but it's generally considered bad form around here to dig up old threads for no reason, that's all I'm saying. If you think that's "hating" well then go right ahead.

20. bloop

bloop Member

shaq is the beneficiary of the 2nd most fawning ref "assistance" in modern NBA history second only to Jordan, it's funny as hell to hear him crying about "3 seconds."

shaq is a jackass... there were plenty of years when robinson was the best center in the league and ewing was right there with him leading his own team to the finals. shaq says things that will either 1)get him laughs on sportscenter or 2)score him brownie points with fans.

anyone who watched that series knows hakeem owned shaq. if shaq denied it anyone who watched that series would know. basically that matchup was a dozen years in the past and hakeem is long retired and not a threat to his ego so shaq drops hakeem's name randomly to score some points. do you think for a minute if shaq had to actually play hakeem he'd be so complimentary.

this is typical shaq. he drops one compliment just so he throw a diss in there. hakeem is this, but you punks today are that... it's the same **** he says about yao and anyone else he's threatened by... yeah he blocked me but he's 8 feet tall that's what he's supposed to do. yeah he shut me down but I played him 1-on-1 etc. he's a kid, literally operating with a 10 year old mentality