1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq at it Again : Shaq: 'Whoever [changed ball] needs to be fired'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by magnomonkey, Oct 2, 2006.

1. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Great, so now when the Rockets when another championship there will be another asterick held over it.

*they could not have won using the original balls :rolleyes:

2. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

rookies can't edit posts :mad:

3. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

GDamit, third is charms :mad:

4. Major

Major Member

Where did they say it was a disadvantage? People here are really desperate to criticize other teams. Wow.

Crybabies? Making excuses about FT %? Trying to find an excuse why Yao will be better? What the hell?

5. HeadsUp7Up

HeadsUp7Up Member

I like leather balls better. This is cheap material.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! Never underestimate some BBS posters. If they dislike a player/team, they will almost always make something out of nothing to bash him/them.

It's actually kind of sad, it reeks of pure jealousy and envy of what the Heat accomplished last season, it's really beneath Rockets fans. We should always aspire to be winners, not haters. Give credit when it's due, or otherwise don't b**** about not getting credit from others when you reach the top of the hill; respect is a two-way street.

#26 tigermission1, Oct 3, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  7. pchan

pchan Member

Good shooters can make shots with a bowling ball.

Shaq should complain because he can't throw a ping pong ball into the Pacific Ocean from the free throw line.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Damn, welcome to hyperboleville everyone.

9. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

What I don't like is that if it does affect certain percentages and stats, then how could you legitimately compare present day players to past players?

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought same when they announced it and couldn't agree more now.

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Cheap materials = lower production costs = more product = more product in stores = more profit.

Thanks again, capitalism!

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

http://www.spalding.com/basketball/index.php

[​IMG]
    Old ball

[​IMG]
    The interlocking cross-panel design has one-third the channel area of the previous official ball to provide more material coverage and better grip.

[​IMG]
    Shaq with new balls

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2503132

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

actually i was routing for the heat last season. zo and payton deserved thier championship. i like shaq too.

my point is, this change affects the whole league and they are complaining that they will turn the ball over more and have a lower fg%.

well guess what? everyone will.

in college, every time we went on the road the opposing team played with a different ball than we were used to. basketball is basketball. if it bounces right, play basketball.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well when they expect higher TO's and lower FG%, that doesn't sound like an advantage to me. i actually like the heat but when a change that affects the whole league equally is taken so personally by a team that has proven to be the best in the league it smells of insecurity about defending thier championship.

15. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

how do we know the materials are cheap?

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Man I saw the video, shaq didnt look angry though. He looked sad, as if he finally realized that he sucked. Now he thinks that they not only changed the defensive rules to stop him from dominating, they changed the ball too so that his great free-throw shooting percentage would dramatically decrease. What else will the nba do to slow :confused: down shaq, have a weight limit on the players???

17. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Great post. Its a shame, I expect this from shaq but from wade? I thought he had more respect than to critize nba authority. I just lost a lot of respect for him. What i most liked about wade was his modesty, but hes turned into a stereotypical superstar, sings a smaller contract to look for more money later, then complains about of all things, the basketball! I sense insecurity as well.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. i don't hear the mavs, suns, or spurs complaining. i like the heat and i hate all of those other teams but when your being a cry baby ur being a cry baby.

19. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Shame, shame on you Shaq! You are on the 50 greatest players list and you don't even know it! (50 greatest players in 50 years, but the NBA is now 60 years old). Man, the NBA is a hundred years old?

On that new ball, it looks cheap but I'm sure it isn't though. Still, Shaq's going to complain when the ball 'slips' out of his hands when he shoots a free throw.

20. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Whats funny is that Steve Nash has complained about the new ball being too STICKY. He says that he doesn't need to lick his hands anymore. So what is it? Is it too slippery or sticky?