1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane on Jim Rome 1:15 CT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

According to the Rockets twitter.. Shane will be on Jim Rome today.

you can stream it at sportsradio 610

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

how much you wanna bet rome brings up Kobe
    he does in every basketball interview

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Battier had pretty much an entire chapter devoted to him in Chris Ballard's recent book. There should be a lot of material there for Rome to use in the interview.

5. Hayesfan

Just said Shane will be on in 5 minutes if yall want to listen :)

6. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

7. Hayesfan

Tmac mention.... check.

::eyeroll::

Yao mention.... check.

::sigh::

Kobe mention... check.

::shrug::

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

i couldnt stream it on my radio, some kind of broadband error, can someone summarize?

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Shane "ROCKY" Battier?!!?!?

10. Hayesfan

Team - young guys to keep the energy have to tell them not to let people pat them on the back and tell them how great they are... long season... consistency is key.

Tmac - will be fine when he comes back should be able to just come in and run with them

Yao - hard working, shoots 100 free throws from a chair every day to keep his shooting touch even though he won't play for the year - dedicated. Talked a bit about how he was "timid" when he came into the league

Kobe - more well rounded than Lebron.. though bron has improved a lot over the last couple years... was exhausted after chasing him in the playoffs for seven games.. was proud that they didn't give up

Shane - feels odd because he's the oldest player on the team at 31. Has to tone it down because he can't go like he could when he first got in the league

That's just a basic recap.. I will try to jog my brain and think of anything I missed. I should have recorded the dumb thing... didn't think about it.

2 people like this.
  11. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap Hayesfan!

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Did he ask Battier about his horrendous fg%?

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

No, but he did ask why you are such a hater. Battier politely declined from commenting.

I love Battier being the face of this orginization. He speaks well and true.

1 person likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks a lot. I think Shane is the man. I dun know if he'll ever talk about the alleged drama in the locker room with Ron, Tracy and Rafer.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I actually feel smarter everytime I hear the guy speak. :D

16. Kwame

How is pointing out a statistical fact being a "hater"? Only in the mind of a blind Battier supporter can his horrendous fg% this season be equated with hate.

17. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Pointing out A statistical fact does not make you a "hater". Pointing out ANY statistical fact to portray Shane as a bad player any time you could makes you a hater.

18. Kwame

I don't see how being critical of a player and providing evidence to backup those criticisms is equal to hate. There are people on this site who consistently look for ANY obscure statistic to prove how great our players are. I don't have a problem with that either, because there is some sort of evidence involved. I know people are sensitive when it comes to Battier, but I've given him credit when he's played well. Unfortunately for us Rockets' fans, it doesn't happen often enough.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Believe me the most sensitive topic is not about Battier.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The thing is, you nail down on whatever statistic you can to show off your hate. That compiled with the fact that you always overlook his positives yields hate levels of astronomical proportions. Every player has his pluses, and every player has his minuses, the question is never why some one trait is weak, it's always what the overall impact is. Your attitude strikes me as a guy who would turn down a healthy Shaq in his prime because his free throw statistics are lacking. If that seems ridiculous, then hounding Shane for his fg percentages is as ridiculous. The better question here is, who in their right mind actually expects Shane to be a strong scorer? Shane is a proven winner, but yeah, let's just continue hating.