1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane Battier's Sina Blog (Updated 14 Mar 2008)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by soulsong999, Mar 14, 2008.

1. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Link

20 Straight Wins....
    2008-03-14 10:09:13

Wow. As I write this, I have just arrived home from Atlanta where we have won our 20th game in a row. I am in disbelief. People have asked me how we have done it and I don't really have a good answer for them. 20 straight wins ties the record for the second longest winning streak in NBA history with the 1971 Milwaukee Bucks with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson. The all-time record for consecutive wins is 33 by the 1972 Los Angeles Lakers. I still can't believe that we are in this company.

What is even more shocking is that we have gone 8-0 without Yao, who is out for the rest of the season with a broken foot. Losing Yao was a huge blow for us but I am proud of the way we have responded. (By the way, for those who believe that we are a better team without Yao, they are insane!!!!!) Players like Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, and Dikembe Mutombo have raised their level of play without our best player playing. I am proud of them. When Yao first was injured, the national media in the United States said that we had little chance to even make the playoffs. This doubt unified our team and inspired us to play at an even higher level.

We may not have the most talented team in the NBA. We probably don't have the fastest or athletic. We may not have the household names that many other teams have. The one thing that we possess as a team is belief. We believe that if we stay together as a group and give maximum effort every single time that we step on the court, then we will have an opportunity to compete and win the game. Nothing great has ever been accomplished in sports (or in the world for that matter), without an unwavering belief in your teammates and the gameplan. We believe. Despite everyone doubting us, we believe. The result is amazing team basketball, where no one is playing for individual glory, but rather collective team glory. That is the true definition of team!

I am as proud of this streak as any accomplishment I've had in basketball. I am proud because of the concentration, discipline, and hard work it has taken to win 20 straight games. It is something that no one will ever be able to take away from our team.

Like I tell my team everyday. Stay humble, stay hungry, and stay together. That has been a great formula for our success.

Cheer us on. Let's see how many in a row we can win!

Your friend,

Shane

2. kwng

kwng Member

Battier is spot with this blog. Hope he and his co. will be able to continue
    to inspire and create history.

3. kwng

kwng Member

spot = spot on

4. Airson

Airson Member

did shane write it himself? I doubt it.

5. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Normally athletes don't have a writer in their entourage.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

i don't know, it doesn't sound like him, but it's hard to tell. I think he's capable of writing something of this caliber, but it just doesn't sound like his voice.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

why would you doubt it?

8. -.Y.-

-.Y.- Member

How dare you doubt Shain the Duke?

9. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

I believe. And I believe that Shane wrote it. And I love that he answers the question about whether the team is better without Yao.

10. danny317

danny317 Member

shane went to duke. they dont let scrubs into that school. even if youre a bball star... (lacrosse is a different story. :p)

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Because it is from a Chinese website, as we all know, that means it is 100% fake! :eek:

12. buneet

buneet Member

Why do you think so? He is only telling the truth.

13. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

good read. i enjoyed it.

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Ouch!
    -Tmac

Ouch again!
    -Tmac

Me too!
    -Yao

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

of course he wrote this. have you not paid attention to interviews with the Shaniac? he's an educated, well spoken dude who has said these things after every game during the streak. he is a great vocal leader on this team and his blog is a nice addition. his last post before this one was when yao went down...

16. rocketfan.china

“Stay humble, stay hungry, and stay together”

HERE WE GO!

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Shane is a damn good speaker.

I'm sure he wrote this & is capable of writing even better material than this.

He WILL be a future politican, IMO.

Or maybe even the NBA commissioner... (Bill Worrell thinks so)

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

how can u not think battier wrote this? he's very eloquent and had a 3.7 GPA at Duke. also im gonna take a hunch that Battier visits Clutchfans. ;)

19. longhornchampno

Why would you think so? We usually give a reason/reasons for our thought here. Don't make up a wild speculation like that if you have nothing to back yourself up.

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

A lot of people write and speak very differently, myself included.

I have no reason to doubt that Shane wrote this.