1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shandon figure out in less than 20 games what Pippen couldn't in 56 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketSiv, Nov 21, 1999.

1. IWannaBeLikeDream

I think Rudy is an average coach. We're 2-10 now. We need to shake things up! What's another loss if we discover a new strategy, or learn how to defend against the pick and roll(finally!). I don't think we should be posting up as much as we are. When the Rocks have possession the game slows WAY down....Francis...dribbles....dribbles.....to Barkley/Dream.....dribbles....dribbles.... back to Francis.....back to Dream/Barkley....back to Francis, back to Dream/Barkley......sometimes *swish*...but usually *CLANK* or nothing. Everyone else stands near or inside the three point line. Some more movement....please?

------------------
    "Not NOW, Cato!!!"
    -Kevin Calabro, Sonics Commentator

[This message has been edited by IWannaBeLikeDream (edited November 22, 1999).]

2. sailor

sailor Member

RocketSiv:

I totally agree with you. Last season and off-season I said on numerous occassions that Pip was a cancer on the team, a whinny baby, damaged goods, etc. And it is true that he can't achieve anything without MJ and he simply doesn't have the ability to stand up like a man to lead a team. However, as far as talent, as much as I hate him as a player AND person, I just can't say "Shandon Anderson is a better basketball player than Pip". That's just simply untrue.

And the Rockets are to blame too. Not that they didn't try to integrate Pip into the "system" -- they did; but that they didn't do their homework before they hand somebody a big fat contract. The Brent Price deal, the Matt Maloney deal, now the Cato deal .. it just seems that when it comes to giving players long-term contracts, Les, CD and RT always make crucial judgemental mistakes. Well, actually I hope (and believe) they didn't make a mistake on Cato, but based on their track record and Cato's limited time, I am not very sure ...

Sailor

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Shandon RULES!!!

Why did I post this???

------------------
    Sir Charles is DA MAN.

4. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

I completely agree. While Scottie is the more talented player Shandon is the smarter player. Shandon will never be a hall of famer most likely but he didn't have Jordan either. I still doubt he would be hall of famer then. I do have to say though there is no contest, Pippen has more talent than Shandon.

5. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

bump this post JUST CUS I LAUGH OUT LOUD every time I read the topic. I think RocketSiv is right - what Shandon and others on the team are doing shows it is not the system, it was Pippen's lack of effort.

Sorry dreamshake if i misunderstood your post earlier.

Past 1st, Shoot 2nd - lol at the Francis jock in Pippen's face comment. That would be great. still laughing at the thought of this one. i can just see that scowl on pippen's face. deep belly roll laugh.

It's not fair to compare Shandon to Pippen cus I have to admit Pippen at one time was a superstar regardless if he was Robin to Jordan's Batman (think Blinebury said that).

Shandon is a very talented player and may become an allstar in my opinion, one of my favorite players on the team, but I like him cus he hustles out there and makes plays and he don't cry. He is more a superstar of character and Lil Pip could learn a lot from him.

Great post, RocketSiv. May bump again later.

6. bball...A few things

1. Barkley did say those things about Maloney. I remember it first hand. The Oliver Miller comment I remeber slightly, with someone reassuring me on it.

2. Just like Pippen's situation last year. S. Anderson is already grumbling about it being a mistake coming to Houston (through his agent). Usually the Agent speaks what the player is thinking.

[This message has been edited by thedreamshake99 (edited November 24, 1999).]

7. Rock1

Rock1 New Member

Yo Caveman...Rudy has a couple of rings too and don't give me "only because MJ wasn't playing". Rudy didn't have MJ, Scottie, the worm, Kerr etc. He had Hakeem and a mixture of rookies and players nobody else wanted. So with the ring theory....why can't you give he just a little respect.

I don't think he's perfect, I'd love to see less of Bryce and more of Shandon and maybe an offensive change here and there to fool the other team but, I think you go to far.

8. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Did shandon's agents say those things? We don't know it was reported by Mitch Lawrence. LAwrence is almost as bad as Vascey. I think they are in kahoots or atleast they are beat writers fir the same paper.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

pippen sucks

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

i agree.

------------------
    "I personally don't think Jordan would have enjoyed playing with himself." -- JeffB lets us all know that Popeye and Clutch aren't the only ones with inside sources... (also an example of a BBS "sound-bite")

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Me too.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

12. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Same here

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

MmHmm, me too!

------------------

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Pippy blows goats

------------------
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

15. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

What did i miss, why are all the old Pippen bashing threads being brought back up? I understand this is one of the best threads ever on this BBS but why are they being brought back up? Oh yeah, Pippen stinks!

------------------