1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAMS] Rockets waive Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yikes.

This says it all tbh.

bj3175 and treyk3 like this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Ain't nearly as thicc though.

I do agree with others tho. Thabo is absolutely washed. Why not sign Gary and cut Thabo?

3. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Clark sucked ass

J.R. likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

You don’t save money

Der Rabbi, Gray_Jay and Richie_Rich like this.
  5. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Trash tier owner. Right up there with whatever his face is that owns the Suns.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Supposed Screen shot from Tilman burner. C35B0640-D1A0-4F3C-934D-FD1A4C682785.png

Deuce, raining threes, Nook and 4 others like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah Clark isn't a good fit on a team that doesn't want play defense...like ours. lol.

8. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

He was serviceable on occasion but it was clear that offensively he was never going to get where we need him so I'm ok with it. No need to waste time on a project once you know it won't be fruitful.

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

these guys are messing with the locker room when they do this silly stuff. Watch Cp3 try to influence OKC to pick up clark just to spite Morey. Clark just stated playing better. Our team has some cleanup work on its business approach. We are losing on opportunities because of the NENE deal. That was something that should never had been done in the first place now a guy that is contributing has to have uncertainty cast upon him because of he bad decisions of others.The only way I would be ok with this is if we get IGGY

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Isn't the important thing not necessarily entering the luxury tax, but entering the repeater's tax the following season? If the Rockets somehow land an impact player in the off-season that puts them over the tax, wouldn't it benefit Houston to avoid the luxury tax this season on a tweener like Gary Clark so they will have more flexibility in the following seasons?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

I thought you got banned for a second :D but I had (typed) the wrong username.

Scrub Bev
    Scrub Clark
    I trust @Air Yordan's work

Air Yordan and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tilman said he was fine paying the tax but yeah, he wanted to avoid the repeater, problem is, after two years we're still waiting for him to pay the tax once, maybe he's waiting for that big impact player, or maybe he's waiting for Harden to retire and free up some money...

clutchdabear, smp and psaman17 like this.
  13. foggy94

foggy94 Member

we could duck the repeater tax by going under the tax in 2022-23, when we only have Russ, Harden (player option), Clint and Gordon under contract. That season Russ will be 34, Harden 33. That seems like the season to penny pinch if you have to, not when they are 31 and 30 respectively and Harden is having the best season of his career

Der Rabbi, Deuce, Gray_Jay and 5 others like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the repeater tax doesn't come into play until the year after we've already paid the tax 3 out of 4 years.

we haven't paid the tax even one year yet..

Der Rabbi, Gray_Jay, BeBreezy and 2 others like this.
  15. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Tilman has talked about the fear of the repeater tax since he bought this team. I think it haunts him at night. Well you can't get into the repeater territory if you steer clear of the lux tax at all cost. Clever man this Tilman Fertitta.

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

Ah. I thought the repeater tax comes after the second season.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not when your team isnt exactly young or the most healthy group of bodies. You’re essentially wasting more and more of harden’s prime just waiting and waiting, hoping some “impact player” shakes loose. Didn’t everyone just witness what jimmy butler did to Houston

BeBreezy and clutchdabear like this.
  18. edwardc

edwardc Member

don't forget Nene

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

My (brutally honest) opinion:

Signing Clark was a massive mistake in the first place. He had a stretch of enthusiastic games last season, and earnt an upgrade from the SW to a min contract. However, it seemed to cost us the opportunity (due to roster space) to do the same with House. That got us into hot water with House and roster spots (and of course, ol' faithful LTS), and we lost at least one or 2 games we should have won down the back end of the season. All of which ultimately cost us a 2 seed - AND probably cost Harden the MVP last season (can't give it to a 4 seed guy)

I never saw Clark kick on. I hate LTS as much as the next man, but let's be honest, Clark isn't the solution!

robbie380, MrSabotage, glynch and 5 others like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Account already deleted. Might have actually been him. :eek: