1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Shams) Rockets have discussed Chris Paul trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 17, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depending on luck, if it's a Draft like the 2000 Draft then Top 10 won't matter much.

Kenyon Martin went No 1. Stromile Swift at 2. Darius Miles at 3.

tc0330 likes this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Ppl are missing the point here. The offense ran smoother with CP running the show. Why? Because his interest is to get everybody shots. Eric Gordon gets going & everybody is clicking. Trade CP & absolutely nobody on this team will fairly distribute the basketball. Harden is 100% fine with getting his stats at the detriment of the team

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong again. The offense was absolutely dreadful when CP3 was on the floor and Harden was not in the playoffs. Turrrrrrrible...

Denovo likes this.
  4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Wait, what? Harden's usage is #1 in NBA history and you're telling he equally shares the ball w/ CP? What are you smokin on

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I hate these takes. There is no objective proof of this. If you see other players’ production, it doesn’t suffer when Harden is on the court. Harden and EG have a good 2 man game. And Clint? He plays better with Harden than Paul because nobody is scared of CP attacking anymore. Tucker? Plays great with Harden. Maybe House?

RocketTheory and lionaire like this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The Rockets offense is better with Chris Paul running it. However, you'll get more highlights with Harden

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

False.

-5.7 with CP3 and without Harden in the Playoffs.

Next...

Zboy, tc0330, Grydian and 1 other person like this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This deal makes sense if it is real if we swing the assets for Beal and combine Shumpert to get Butler.

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This team has been a winner when Harden plays. We may not have championships, but we've definitely had one of our more successful franchise runs with Harden as our number one guy.

We've had winning records, gone to the playoffs every season he is here, gone to the 2nd round twice, WCF twice.

I don't understand how people can insist that Harden only cares about stats when he has actually carried this team on his back and actually taken us places. A ton of "superstars" in the past could not do that.

I understand we haven't won a championship, but I will not knock on Harden because of that. Overall the run has been a successful one.

RocketTheory, Denovo and luckyman76 like this.
  10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Where was CP3 the whole season and the GSW series? This is from one of his biggest fans. Every other team with better rosters than ours gets endless excuses but when Harden basically replicated his historic season average and couldn’t do it by himself it’s his fault. If not for Harden this team does not make the playoffs even with everyone healthy. If you replace Harden with DeRozan we are not a playoff team in the west. How we were even able to match up against a team with 5 all-stars is incredible and we blame him instead of why Morey and the Ryno debacle have killed this team. In either of these years if we had that one other player we have 2 trophies now and people are putting Harden up there with the greats. Paul George should have been on this team. If not for the insane Thibs, Butler should have been on this team. If I ever find out that Morey monkeyed around with pick protections on those 4 firsts and that is really why it didn’t go down I will completely lose it. Morey has been great and the enemy of good. Sometimes that is absolutely stupid.

StraightG, Mr Chuck Norris and tc0330 like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I hope they've at least asked the Pelicans about Paul + 3 picks for Holiday and Moore.

luckyman76 and bratna8 like this.
  12. Grydian

Grydian Member

Wanna bet he quietly disappears?

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i agree with most of what you say. only thing about harden is during playoffs in close games, he tends to hold the ball too long and sticks with iso or a step back 3. and if he does decide to drive hell either take it himself inside or pass it out to someone on the perimeter.

the fact that im able to give an exact play by play as a fan is the problem imo.

14. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

I would like to see Gordon mins go to House, dude to inconsistent..or trade him to get Pat back..

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

idk why people try to argue numbers.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Small playoff sample size. Look at the entire last two seasons

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Also the most recent sample size... If he was the player he was in 2018, I don't think we have this conversation. Hopefully he reverts, we need that 2nd unit to extend leads.

Zboy likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"Rockets have discussed Cp3 trade... and realized no one wants to pay him 40mil a year in the league"

"This comes as a surprise to Morey"

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then just look at the whole season.

If you want to talk recent, harden sucked in the last game but cp3 was good

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I’ll look at the whole season and whole playoffs and take into account he is going against 2nd units, and then account for another year of age.