1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Shams) Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Dipo was thought of as bad contract last year. People were ripping the pg13 trade. It ended up working out, but people thought the pacers were getting ripped off.

Vivi likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Agent for Kawhi doing dirty work. I doubt Spurs will fish him to Lakers unless it is a Herscel Walker type trade. Pop is not going to let it happen unless he get Team USA member in return. 1 thing for sure Spurs are going to be lottery ping pong ballers.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Nook

Nook Member

You seem a little too happy about this.

There is a good chance this screws over the Rockets more than any other team in the NBA.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

True. The point is the Pacers made the best deal for them, not Paul George, and he didn’t end up in his preferred destination either.

ghettocheeze and hakeem94 like this.
  6. jacoby

jacoby Member

I hope the Spurs pony up and offer him the super-max. I don't want him on Boston at all.

War Machine likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Pops better ask for BOTH Tatum and Brown from Boston.

everyday eddie and hakeem94 like this.
  8. How Sweet It Is!

For one year of Kawhi? You are mind-numbingly ignorant.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I completely disagree. Boston is so flush with young studs and draft picks that they can take the gamble that Kawhi likes being on a team with Kyrie, Horford and Hayward with lots of pick equity and other good role players. They could deal Brown or Tatum, Rozier, and a lottery pick they own from another team for Kawhi and not miss any of those parts long term. Or they could simply swap Kyrie for Kawhi.

And don’t forget about the Knicks. They could decide they’d rather build around Kawhi than Porzingis.

Or the Sixers decide they’ll part with Simmons for Kawhi if LeBron says he’ll play there.

Point is the Lakers offer would be 4th out of these 4.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

I am not so sure. Leonard is far more elite than George and the Celtics are on the verge. I don't think there is anyway that the Celtics deal Tatum but most of the other pieces are going to be available in trade. Leonard is the type of piece you can have as your #1 on a title caliber team. It really depends on how set Leonard is for LA.

11. steddinotayto

Because I voiced my opinion on what Pops should ask for? lol ok. If you have a Top 5 player, when healthy, that's ready to be traded you wouldn't ask for anything and everything in return and then negotiate down if needed? Maybe I'm not the mind-numbingly ignorant one.

ghettocheeze and BigO like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

They have still a lot of assets, that's true, but that doesn't mean they can afford to throw them around to take a risk.

Now, if we talk about Irving i'd do that too also cause i'm not a fan of maxing Irving next summer, not at all.

100% agree with Leonard being better than George and everything you said about him, but i still don't see Ainge giving up Brown, Sac pick and whatever if he thinks Kawhi wants to be in L.A...if he feels like Kawhi is open at anything than sure, but otherwise, i still don't see it.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz. Popovich ruins his relationship with his franchise player threatening a meltdown in San Antonio, and the Rockets will suffer more than any other team in the NBA.

Never change Clutchfans

15. steddinotayto

We're diehard believers in the Butterfly Effect bro!

heypartner likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

If Leonard leaves the Spurs and ends up in LA with James.... then yeah, it can end up hurting the Rockets as more than anyone else, especially if they are paying Paul and Capela max deals. The Spurs were not winning anything in the next few years and Pop is gone in two years anyway.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If Lakers form a super team because of the Spurs meltdown, then the Rockets will suffer more than others. Your hating for the Spurs results in a losing of common sense.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I can hear Spurs fans now:

"Great day to be a Spurs fans ... Rockets are screwed."

lulz.

Trust me...I know capology pretty well. Lakers cannot work out any scenario where they can get 3 stars together this year. This doesn't affect our Lebron chances much. And if we don't get him ... we have no worries of another 60-win Spurs team to deal with in the 2nd round.

We do know one thing 100%: The Spurs are the most screwed team in the NBA right now.

#138 heypartner, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  19. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

Well, we can understand one thing.

If the spurs are going to lose Kawhi Leornard, they're going to want a lot out of it. I'm also sure that they would likely want to trade him to a team that would cause their team to be better than them. They would want to trade him for more assets that can make them better and the other team satisfied with Kawhi. Rather than just being that they need to dump him anywhere since he doesn't want to be in San Antonio anymore. He has one more year left on his contract. And if many teams are looking to acquire him, you know damn sure that they're going to want a GREAT offer.

If Kawhi wants to go to the lakers, then you know for sure spurs are going to ask for A LOT. If the spurs aren't satisfied with their offer, then they can always look somewhere else for a better offer.

I'm sure spurs know that if Kawhi goes to the Lakers, the likely hood Lebron goes there. And I know they wouldn't want that team to be better than them. So they'll take their main players the Lakers wanted to keep (Kuzma, Ingram, etc.).

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If Kawh only wants to go to the Lakers, then likely he, Lebron, and PG13 all talked together to form a super team in LA. The spurs need trade him to Boston to prevent this to happen.