1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Shams) Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I would really be careful about giving this dude (Kawhi) a huge contract. Who knows when he is going to be completely 100% again and he is going to be plagued by whispers that he milked this injury so he could get out of SA. Somewhere, David Robinson and Tim Duncan are rolling in their graves.

ghettocheeze and A_3PO like this.
  2. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Ryan anderson and a pick for him?

MD_in_Training likes this.
  3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I mean when Morey said the Rockets would likely up their ‘risk’ profile to maximize Harden’s prime, we knew that CP3 would be high risk high reward. A lot of people expressed concern over his fit but honestly I was more worried about whether his health would hold up. The Clippers had some borderline championship level teams that fell short of their potential largely due to injury. Even the year they choked that 3-1 lead to the Rockets, CP3 was essentially playing on one leg after going the distance with the Spurs (reigning champs that year) in the prior round.

4. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Because if Kawhi tells BOS or NY that he won't resign with them, no team will give up that much just for a 1 year rental of Kawhi. Although I can see Boston giving up Kyre and a future 1st since both are on the last year of their deals.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

There's still hope, dammit.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

too bad ... Spurs milked Robinson's injury to land Duncan.

lulz....poor, poor Spurs fans, and everyone who likes to defend Popovich as if their reputation as a knowledgeable basketball fan depends upon it.*

* don't mean you Manny...

8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

My impression is that the dude is healthy but doesn’t want to be in SA anymore bc the relationship has been strained. There were rumblings that Kawhi’s uncle is an influential factor in the dilemma. If that’s the case, Kawhi maybe beyond the reach of Pop and the Spurs organization.

War Machine likes this.
  9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Suck the Fpurs! Hopefully this is the first step of that franchise going into a 50 year mediocrity drought.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Point taken. Yet, he cannot do that, if indeed he did it at all, in a contract year. From what I've read LA is the destination goal, but whaddaIkno???

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DaonlyLA likes this.
  12. Caesar

Caesar Member

What about a 3 way trade where Spurs get Kyrie and Ingram and Celtics get Ball and Kuzma and Lakers get Kawhi?

If im the Spurs, i'd take the Kings package. Kings front office are a bunch of buffoons. They'll trade the #2 and Fox without ever even speaking to Kawhi if he will stay. Spurs will somehow luck into Ayton falling into their lap and they get 2 decades more of David Robinson 2.0

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I have no idea of the Knicks situation but wouldn't count them out. (unless it's just whatevs)

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Plus im not sure Id trade Kyrie, Tatum, and a pick. A pick and one of either is the most I would do. Boston showed they are great and will only get better with their core group and coach who looks like the heir apparent to Popovich..

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Randle is a RFA. But yeah, 1 guy? Kawhi ****s the Spurs for an entire year and just gets to be traded for some **** package to the Spurs biggest rival? I don't think so. Pop aint no clown.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Celts want him so the question is will he threaten to not-resign with them.

Also, would the Celtics do a crazy deal like Kyrie for Kawhi? Too much replication on the roster?

17. jb86

jb86 Member

He will go to Boston. They have all the assets to get him. Pop already said that if it didn't work out, he would send Kawhi to the East.

18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

What about keeping your ideas to yourself...

19. ApuN

ApuN Member

No its not

Why does everyone believe that Pop is just going to hand over a perennial all-star to a hated rival and help build a contender?

How did the "Carmelo-I-only-want-Houston-trade" come out???

Most likely there gonna ship him east

20. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Maybe this helps us get Paul George... I doubt San Antonio Signs all three...