1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Hawks interested in Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

well if the rockets could always go with the noel's, then chriss would still be a rocket

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I really want P.J Tucker and Eric Gordon coming off the bench. Having less minutes.

Rockets need Young Talented Starters. That are 1st Round Talent and Real Rotation Players.

Mike DAntoni I don't think likes these players, he is just playing them just to fill minutes.

Isaiah Hartenstein, Chris Clemons, Danuel House, Ben Mclemore, William Howard, Michael Frasier are these players going to be traded for a upgrade.

Thabo Sefolosha, Nene are Expirings, maybe they'll get moved.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Noel is better than Chriss.

The Rockets are certainly not interested in moving Capela just to move him........ but if they can fill multiple spots it shouldn't be ruled out.

The Rockets have shopped Capela a number of times in the past......

A deal like Hunter, Len and Huerter Capela and a #1 could really really help the Rockets. That would give the Rockets three possible starters for 1 player. Hunter and Huerter both have room to improve as well.

4. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

At this point is our only option. I really liked his tenure here since day 1, it was obvious even when Howard was here that he was the better fit.

But how else can we improve or look for a refresh? No one is giving up assets for Ego right now. And his fit with our current roster is bad, really bad. It's a shame, young talented center, but if Westbrook is here for good and James will keep seeing 2ble teams, we need someone else.

BamBam likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let's trade Capela for Trae Young. We can play a 5 guards lineup.

Air Yordan likes this.
  6. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I'm 100% okay with any trade where Carter is added to match salaries and ends up here. He was my favorite player as a kid and it would be cool if he retired a Rocket.

Make it happen, Morey.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would rather keep Capela and trade SRP for Jonah Bolden, Justin Patton or Harry Giles.

DeBeards and fattz like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

probably but the difference between the two isn't that significant

9. Nook

Nook Member

That is where we disagree.

If we can fill multiple spots and have someone like Len/Noel give us minutes at the 5...... I am pretty confident we are better. Len and Noel can rebound well and defend the 5.

Air Yordan likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

that was meant for the difference bw noel and chriss.

len is terrible. i've had this discussion ever since he entered the league

Nook likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Len is fine for 15-20 minutes a night. He is limited, but he rebounds well and is not as bad a defender as he appears. Nerlens Noel is also a good rebounder and solid defender when used properly. The Rockets would also be able to go small for 10-15 minutes a night.

I think filling the center issue would be a lot easier going forward than attempting to fill multiple spots. Hell, even Hartenstein would be capable of 10-15 minutes a night. The rotation would certainly get longer as well.

pr0wler, joshuaao and malakas like this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You say Len, Noel and even Hartenstein can fill in at the Center spot, but you don’t mean fill in productively. We would be considerably worst if any of those guys became our starting center over Capela

YOLO likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Cant claim to know everything about him but from what ive seen he looks like a future stud. Why would Atl trade him?

Vivi likes this.
  14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Or...a lot of offers are coming in and we don't want to chance it :D

15. malakas

malakas Member

Time to watch some Hawks games to do a little windowshopping.

16. amaru

amaru Member

While I think that Capela needs to ultimately be traded, I'd be surprised if that happened before the TDL unless the Rockets were just blown away by the offer.

17. Nook

Nook Member

We would be worse, but the production difference would be less than most expect. Especially with the Rockets getting improvement at multiple other positions. The overall benefits would outweigh the costs in my opinion.

pr0wler likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Collins would probably be that kind of offer that blew them away. Especially if a wing was added too.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't really know, to me it makes no sense unless they get a superstar back, maybe they're listening to calls but they have really no real interest in moving him.

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member