1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Hawks interested in Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

@ch44 same question here. Very different outcomes...

2. ch44

ch44 Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hartenstein is dumped at the deadline to get us under the tax, but it depends if any other moves are made before.

Houston would only be involved to get Covington here

Yes, they would. They don't trust his long term health and need to get under the tax this year while they can. And honestly they probably don't view us as their biggest threat going forward anymore.

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

My body remains calm but my mind is a wreck.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

With @ch44 and @CHI being more active than usual has me led to believe that a deal is close

D-rock, hakeem94 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If GSW does not trust Looney's long term health, then why would the Rockets be interested?

6. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Not a long term solution either but a serviceable C at lower cost that fills the gap THIS year.

7. mockster

mockster Member

it depends how you rank the centers

because a lot of centers are hybrid PF/C that slot in as C. Such as al horford, LMA, Townes and others.

you could argue that but he’s at least top 10 then if you are adding guys like that in the loop. He’s also equivalent to many other centers in the league

And yes we should get a lot of value for him tbh. Will get a solid SF or SF/PF hybrid and a sub par Center replacement. N if we’re lucky we could add some bonus players that could really help us

we won’t feel robbed but we won’t feel like we won the lottery either. Probably will be beneficial for our team and style of play.

im still anti trading him though but he’s super inconsistent for us but we will miss his rebounding and paint presence. But he gets dominated by The legit star Centers in the league so it doesn’t really matter.

#487 mockster, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd say because they're desperate and Looney might be the only available and (on paper) decent replacement for Capela.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sure, but if he is always hurt not much of a replacement.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess someone will have to start at the 5 eventually...if for some reason (not being available or cost too much) guys like Holmes and Noel will not be obtainable, there isn't much left out there for us, maybe Baynes, but yeah...

Now i don't really know what's going on with Looney, but i guess he doesn't have a big injury, probably more like smaller ones here and there, and the Warriors just think they can easily replace him anyway between draft, trades, free agency...i can see why they would move him regardless. Also cause, let's be real, Looney as been serviceable for them, but he's nothing special, in fact, i'd bet the Warriors system and talent around him made him look better then he is.

I'd be curious to see him start in another team to see how much he would impact the game, hoepfully that's not going to happen here cause i don't have much faith in him having that kind of impact.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Why do they undervalue Hartenstein so much? Sure, he makes some mistakes, but so do Harden, Westbrook. He certainly doesn't seem someone you'd dump for luxury tax reasons.

TimDuncanDonaut and RudyTBag like this.
  12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Capeala was a sham and now MDA is benching him to avoid 'fake' injury.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Can we just make it a general rule that any member(s) with a join date later than that of any "source" we have 'in question' should be earlier than that of the "sources" join date?

D-rock likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hartenstein >>> Looney

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

17. bmd

bmd Member

That's what makes it all the more questionable. Someone who has been here for 12 years all of a sudden is an insider of some sort? I mean, I can understand if a poster happens upon some interesting information after having a conversation with an individual with knowledge, and they share that information with this message board. That is totally realistic. But all of a sudden being an "insider" with a constant stream of information? That sounds questionable. Particularly when the Rockets' front office is notoriously tight-lipped.

I'm sorry but, I'm just very skeptical any time anyone claims to be an "insider" on a message board. And think about how many people we've had on here claiming to be an insider and have sources who are in the know. It may happen once in a blue moon that a poster here somehow gains a nugget of legitimate information by happenstance. But for several posters to be feeding the board steady streams of information? I just don't buy it.

And one thing that really pisses me off is that these people, who are most likely frauds, shape the attitudes of the posters on this board with completely false information. It helps to shape the entire attitude of the fan base... and those attitudes may very well be based on nonsense they fed the board. Things that aren't even true. It causes fans to turn on certain people or feel a certain way about the organization as a whole. And those attitudes spread beyond this board to the fanbase at large.

#497 bmd, Feb 3, 2020
    Corrosion likes this.
  18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

If this all happens I'd much rather Clint go to Boston. He deserves to be on a better team than the Hawks.

dc rock and RudyTBag like this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Eh, I'm skeptical myself about random users that claim themselves as insiders although, ch44, cyberx, codman and even doc rocket (as much as he's been loathed around these parts for his encrypted messages) have all been credited and vetted by Clutch.

I know there have been a few recently that have attempted to throw their hats in that ring, most recently holic, but these guys are pretty legit. Even if their predictions or insider tid bits don't amount to much by the end of the trade deadlines each year, they've still got the inside know.

#499 FLASH21, Feb 3, 2020
    D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That kind of mandate would have to kill Daryl Morey inside.

D-rock likes this.