1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden and Westbrook don't travel with Rockets to Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 9, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Apparently homelessness isn't an emergency.

2. malakas

malakas Member

A) they didnt get it twice but once. They reached an equilibrum with the virus that made it undetectable with PCR tests but it was still present in their bodies.
    After some time it resurfaced again

B) The virus was eliminated while still in the upper respiratory track, which made their immune response extremely weak and not special antibodies were created or they were very few.
    Not real immunity / very weak immunity gained after recovery. Likely the case if patient is young with robust immune system or the initial viral load is very small. These patients will be asymptomatic in first inefections or display only loss of smell and taste due to the ACE2 receptors in the upper track.

C) patient has compromised immune system in the first place. Makes them susceptuble in repeated viral/bacterial infections

D) ?? One of medicine mystery. The unexplained often famous cases of "superspreaders". Some people live with bacteria or virus in their bodies while completely asymptomatic but still spreading the disease for years on end. These cases SHOULD be very few but then again when there is a pandemic with millipns of cases the very rare will be more common.

forchette49, UTSA2step and Amiga like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So I’m assuming they were asymptomatic positive cases and they are just testing them daily and will go as soon as they test negative?

Ive heard that it can be weeks if not a month or two for that to happen even with people who feel great. There’s a belief though that that virus people shed that late in the infection might not be infectious so maybe docs will just sign them out in a few days regardless.

I guess they are just trying to hide it cause they are star players because I assume they want to avoid the discussion on sportcenter about what happens if right before game 7, and Giannis or Kawhi test positive. They want to present this thinking that Stars are immune or something.

Fans aren’t this stupid. Just level up geez.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

SARs Covid-2 might be the most intelligent virus ever to run amok. A substantial amount of those infected develop antibodies for 2 weeks tops and then there's many that don't develop a resistance at all but recover somehow. So you can still get it again and have to battle all over again. Then there's the possibility of severe long term damage after recovery......

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Could the two Rockets superstars become ineligible to play if they don’t report by a certain time? Are we thinking they will miss any Seeding games and join the team later? Does anyone believe they will be in Orlando in a couple of days or should we be worried?

I know we still have camp and scrimmages for two or three more weeks, then the games around the 31st. That’s plenty of time but I’m starting to feel more and more nervous rather than excited for the return.

6. malakas

malakas Member

No self respecting medical practitioner should do such a thing and if found out should have their licence revoked asap.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

u are 1 of the dumbest people I’ve seen on here...u can’t read, and you’re a child

ignorant and childish...what a pathetic combo

stupid people like u calling others stupid is always good for a laugh or 2

malakas likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3 days + 2 day quarantine

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Bucks have been secretive about that as well.

10. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Many. And I mean many medical practitioners are doing just that. There a thousands of people being cleared to return to work after being out for 14 days, or being symptom free for 10 days. It’s gotten to a point where they aren’t even tested again. They are simply cleared to return after enough time had passed.

malakas likes this.
  11. magichat281

magichat281 Member

stfu catch the virus and talk **** bro. stfu please. dont talk like you a doctor. you aint no doctor bro.... you want jewelry holla at me and jimmyboi. we make money son. Just shut up or make money. dont be broke and hate.

12. magichat281

magichat281 Member

u want some rolex and everything let us know. we make money all day u sitting here talking about dying bro... hahaha u a scrub.

13. magichat281

magichat281 Member

u dumb... so i said you got aids you got it? you dumb as **** bro. PLEASE stfu. stop trolling.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Maybe restarting schools isnt such a bad idea.

At least it would give little naughty children something to do instead of getting drunk and high and trolling on forums.

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are u 12? U get dumber with every post. U sound ignorant as hell. Tf did I just read?

BigShasta likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

this must be what happens when somebody with a low IQ just says fck it and goes full dumbass mode

take your own advice and stfu, you’re embarrassing yourself more and more with every post clown

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

CFs' favorite word! "Soon"

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I wonder why they haven’t made any public announcements whether they have it or not.
    I wonder if it’s the NBA, Tillman or the players not wanting the say what’s going on.
    It’s probably the nba or Tillman not wanting to say more nba players have it. Since the season is about to restart and mostly non star players had the virus. The only other star was Jokic.
    The NBA is trying to rush this restart, they opened practice facilities way too soon and how many players have tested positive and how many haven’t even made public. Just like the Lakers player that had COVID-19, to my knowledge they never announced who it was.
    But if harden and Russ have COVID-19 they need to make it public so people know. However that announcement might hurt the restart or make more people question the nba more.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

HIPAA... It's illegal to disclose personal medical information.

Invisible Fan likes this.