1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Details on CP3 relationship with Harden/Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

They can complain all they want about iso ball, but for the last 3 years we have actually been able to dream about being good enough to win a championship.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

kendrick perkins said the same thing also on espn

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Boohoo

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You're an awful troll. Get a life

lionaire, Blurr#7 and Pistol Pete like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Somebody (Tim McMahon, I think) quoted Rivers as saying that Harden called him and convinced him to stay.

And yeah, there might have been a handshake deal involved.

hakeem94, Gray_Jay and Lawlruschang like this.
  6. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

people talking about how toxic cp is to play with need to chill in the same way that harden haters needa chill.

no one was complaining with the harden/cp3 duo when we were on the verge of knocking off the warriors with our infamous "iso-heavy" style. It's just that since cp took a nosedive right after getting the big contract, now we know in hindsight how much it wasn't worth. People loved playing with him that first year. He took our team from a great team to an elite team, the closest team to knocking off a dynasty in their primes/full health. And tho it was expected for him to decline, it wasn't expected to decline by as much as we saw last year. He played great his first year with us and then didn't have enough in the tank/lower usage rate to get anywhere close to duplicating it.

All the contract stuff we know now in hindsight, but if cp3 played at the same level as the first year he was with us, it'd make the contract stuff a bit easier to swallow. I call bs on all the "he's hard to play with" from freakin hollins ... who only played like 5 min/game with him on a good day.

7. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Truth is, if we're talking about cp's personality/micro-management leadership, he does fit better with players that have that grit and aren't sensitive to feedback. Harden is a bit more on the sensitive side, but he could handle it when cp3 was living up to his talk that first year. When he lost even more of his first step, it was harder for harden to go to battle with someone who was half there with him and half coaching in his ear.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So true, the Rockets have done pretty much nothing until Harden arrived (since 97 WCFs).

So you do what your franchise player wants. Especially when Harden has done everything you'd want your star player to do, something that doesn't happen often in today's game. I mean the guy could have easily bolted but has embraced being the new face of the franchise.

hakeem94, Patience, Gray_Jay and 2 others like this.
  9. newAge_Rockets

So many regular posters here turn on players 5 seconds after they're off our roster, it's pretty sad.

hakeem94, HP3, ROXTXIA and 2 others like this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, I think if things worked out like it did the 1st season, CP3 would still be here, but they didn't and Harden was the only reason they were even in the playoffs last season. So obviously when WB became available you have to go for it. I wasn't on board at first but honestly with Harden wanting this I'd rather keep Harden a Rocket and this is a risk you have to go for. Especially since WB (if it didn't work), will be easier to trade than CP3 as time goes on.

HewbieTrippin and Aruba77 like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Borderline pathetic, actually.

AroundTheWorld, BeBreezy and HP3 like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. HP3

HP3 Member

On a dime bro.... You think players dont read stuff like this.

All these mini GMs on here. Lol...dont be surprised if you see more KD to GS type moves.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still love harden, warts and all, but no doubt this is damage control since someone had to land in OKC. all eyes are on Chris to respond, which he'll wait and see where he finally lands.

business is business... Chris of all people should know that

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So it was true.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Disingenuous much, James?

"Chris is hard to get along with. He's showing his age a bit. I would've made it work as best I could but when I heard we could get Russ I flogged the dog. Twice. I feel a little guilty but the strippers wear me out so I won't lose any sleep. I WILL miss the State Farm commercials, though."