1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shameless] Anyone looking to hire an experienced intern?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Butterfingers, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Hi, I have worked the previous 2 summers for an ophthalmologist (Dr. Saeid Abedin) at Memorial Hermann Hospital and am currently working for the University of Houston as an intern. I currently work 2-3 days a week and am looking to find a 2nd job to fill in rest of the week in for me.

During my time at Memorial Hermann my work consisted of issuing eye exams, typing letters, calling insurance companies, filing, delivering things, and answering the phones.

Currently at my new job it consists of much of the same work minus giving out eye exams.

I am also 17 and am going to turn 18 on July 23 and will be an entering freshman at The University of Texas. If interested at all my email is armyman7894@yahoo.com and I will provide a formal resume, contact info, and references.

Sorry for the shameless promotion Clutchfans but I just got a ticket and that's putting a huge dent in my wallet and I need a 2nd job.

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

You my friend have just put the biggest smile on my face. :D :D Thanks man.

I'm gonna keep my eyes open for you. Have you tried any job sites like www.careerbuilder.com or www.jobing.com Dont worry, something will come your way man.

3. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

let me explain....my kid just got a ticket and I told her to get a second job to pay for it....she is so stressed about it....

4. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

resume? It's resumé.

You fail.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Armyman7894 the ophthalmologist intern... pass.

6. Butterfingers

Yeah, I've been looking at snagajob.com and I know I'm bound to get a job somewhere but I'd rather it be in the professional field (law, business, medical) because those are my anticipated career paths. At this rate my first job is just going to cover me paying off this ticket and I'm looking for a second job to make some pocket change.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Have nothing more to add than to say that Dr. Abedin is a good family friend...I grew up with his daughter and went to college and dental school with her. Thats all...small world.

8. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

Abedin is my eye doctor. Went to middle school and high school with his daughter.
    Unfortunately, now i have something wrong with my right eye and I'm away from Houston. I don't feel like finding a new doctor so... I'll wait until I get back to Houston in two weeks and go see Abedin.

I guess I may have run into you. Unfortunately I have no job for you.

I hate Sarkis (sp?) though. can't stand that guy. He keeps scolding me for wearing my contacts for too long. I think that's why my right eye is currently messed up. :(

9. rezdawg

lol, yeah, that dude can be tough, haha.

10. Butterfingers

bahahaha wow small world. I love Sarkis though, that guy is crazy and yeah I've heard his spiels about wearing contacts many times, but in all seriousness dont wear the same contacts for more than a month. And Dr. Abedin is a great guy as well, he's a family friend of my family as well.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I know his son. He went to Kinkaid right?

12. rezdawg

Yeah, both kids went to Kinkaid...the son graduated high school in 2003, I believe.

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

family reunion thread???