1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shabazz Muhammad. A Lock for the 1st Overall Pick in the 2013 NBA Draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Johnson2000, Jan 19, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't see any way to get him though. Who is going to trade him to you... nobody

Same reason we won't get Anthony Davis this year

It would be nice to trade up to a top 5-7 pick in this year's draft though

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-_w8A_o8n_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

This kid is destroying the McDonalds All American game right now. I would easily trade all 3 of our (potential) 1st rounders and Martin and Scola for this kid.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He looks good in those Baylor jerseys huh?! :grin:

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ohh really... work that trade out for me Mr. Wizard GM. Since we have no idea whose going to have the #1 pick next season, and no idea how he actually plays the game of basketball at the next level other than ridiculous YouTube highlights. And dont get me started on the McDonalds All American Team. Its about as competitive as the first half of an NBA All Star game.

Here's what we know about him. He's probably going to USC next year if a better program like Kentucky, Louisville, UNC, or Duke doesn't snatch him up first. after he dominates the College game as a Freshman then we can start saying where he's going to get drafted.

6. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I wasn't realistically demanding a trade for this kid. I'm just saying, he's the best 2 guard in a while. If you look at the SG poll in the NBA Dish after Kobe and Wade there aren't too many great SG's anymore. This kid will be a star in the NBA with his scoring and drive to become better. He'll end up going to Kentucky or maybe UCLA if they get another McDonald All American to join and they can run the Pac-12. He'll enter the draft next year and be #1 pick unless there's some dominant Center that appears in college or internationally.

And I know a lot can happen in a year and such but if you watched the 2011 McDonalds All American game it was loaded with players that brought teams deep into the tournament and will be lottery picks (Davis, Beal, Kidd-Gilchrist, Rivers, Zeller and others).

7. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

And the Wizards or Bobcats is a great guess haha

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Apparently you're the only one that knows about this news.

9. what

what Member

I'd rather have Cody Zeller.

I haven't seen shabazz's handles yet. If he proves that he has elite handles, a quick first step and a step back jumper, then yeah I might consider it.

All I've seen so far is him dunking over less athletic guys. Honestly I think Jeremy Lamb is a better shooting guard prospect than shabazz.

I agree with Clutch about Mayo; Brandon Jennings is another; Tyree Evans. The list goes on and on.

Finding an elite shooting guard is pretty difficult. There are a 1000 bad ones to one roy or harden.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

All these beast young prospects getting drafted and we don't have a shot at any of them because people think being .500 for years is better than taking a chance at a dynasty :(

1 person likes this.
  11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

less Les, more Morey. Morey knows what needs to be done to properly rebuild.

1 person likes this.
  12. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

Cody Zeller tops out at about a prime Chris Kaman.. but his bust ceiling is a worse version of Robert Swift/ Nick Collison

I'd rather have Shabazz, draft Drummond( and have McHale help him reach his potential...)

Drummond has a high IQ, and his bust ceiling is Deandre Jordan.. so i will take him and have Mchale reach his potential

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hdZf2KbOD8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. SPF35

SPF35 Member

15. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

How is Kyle Anderson a Top 3 player in HS. He looked pathetically slow last night

16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

He was slow playing offence and on the defensive end he was even slower/lazy if he played any defence at all.

17. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MJk2rQj6l_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

in 20 minutes the 2012 Nike Hoops Summit begins

Its basically the best American high school prospects vs. the European teenage prospects

Shabazz MUhammad of the USA will play againist some future european lottery picks like Dario Saric, Mario Hezonja, and Andrew Wiggins

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anybody have his stats from the McD's All-American game?

19. SPF35

SPF35 Member

What happened in the hoops summit, I cant find results

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member