1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SF3 and Scola had signed with China Anta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by liangqj, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Damn.. the Rockets has that King Midas touch. Can those companies endorse more red rowdies too?

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

Yeah that's the point. Les has some secret weapons to attract players.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Can you imagine the arena being only Rowdies?

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

I think you should change that to Yao Ming has the King Midas touch !! :D

If not for Yao Ming, do you think China Peak will sign Shane Battier? Li Ning will sign Chuck Hayes? China Anta will sign Steve Francis and Luis Scola?

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah it's not a very good secret though. And the thing is I am sure that is part of what made the signing with Stevie possible and made Scola's signing move so quickly. Of course Stern and the league has to know these guys would not be getting any shoe deals had they signed with other teams.

You think the league would be investigating it only Les has a trump card. I mean if sombody is willing to give Chucky Hayes a shoe deal than certainly Stevie and Scola deserve one. Yeah I guess your initial statement is right. Les' has a secret weapon... only the secret is out and I am guessing most of the league knows it already.

6. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

But why would they sign over-rated Damon Jones? He lives in Houston, but he has no relationship to Yao Ming.

7. rocketsmetalspd

If not for Yao I would not get to see the Rockets on my laptop. I love the Chinese websites that carry the Rocket's games. Saves on having to purchase NBA League Pass, though I wish NBA League Pass would have a WebCast only purchased option.

8. liangqj

liangqj Member

It still has another man, Shaq, signed with Li-Ning. Was he the biggest enemy to Yao in the past?
    Actually, all of them signed with China shoes company have relationship to Yao. If Yao is not playing in NBA, these deals must not be made.

9. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

francis has been done with reebok for a while. he's worn nike shoes for the past few years.

10. Coca Cola Scola

Can these Chinese companies please give some of the coveted 2008 free agents on our wish lists a huge shoe deal?....I would really like to see them in a Rockets uniform.....

11. JustWannaChill

Unfortunately, we will soon have to compete with the Milwaukee Bucks who have their Yi.

12. liangqj

liangqj Member

If Yi has fixed play time, there will be.