1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sexual harassment on rise amongst Islamic youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19440656

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol, look at how they are clawing at them! Wa Wa Wee Wa!

Is this true?

What can be done to make Islamic "men" less insecure and more accepting of women as human beings and not pets? Interesting point the article brings up - Islamic conservatism has been on the rise since the 1960s.

2. ILoveTheRockets

they must of been smoking the reefer and became homeless

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[Mathloom mode]It's all because the Western imperialists enslaved these countries and because of socio-economic reasons and I'm 100 % pro-peace and anti-war and it has nothing to do with Islam and happens in every single country in the world and evil America and Israel is the devil and I am a Muslim am not a Muslim and the women are provoking it and I like barbers and where is my HGH and sigh you do not understand.[/Mathloom mode]

2 people like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i'm sorry, some of those quotes are hilarious. its like someone took a b movie about some woman getting raped in a small town with all the "she deserved it, did she those skirts" and converted it for middle eastern audiences.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Backwards people seem to run rampant all over the planet.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Regardless of the culture involved, it's far past time for women to be treated as equal to men. In the United States, after decades of struggle for Women's Rights, women in this country still make between 70-80% of what men are paid for the same work. A woman might be able to wear a low cut top and a short skirt, and even go without a bra, as was so common back in the late '60's and early '70's of fond memory, but she still doesn't recieve equal treatment in the workplace, and in some local political environments in this country, IMO. Bummer.

7. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what happens in sexually repressed society, its disgusting. In Saudi, I have a cousin who used to tell stories about how guys would make cat calls at her and her friends, even though they were dressed in a niqab (head to toe black with only eyes showing). Its very sad. I don't know why its so endemic in Muslim countries, but its embarrassing as a Muslim to see it.

#7 arif1127, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

http://www.bikyamasr.com/48621/saudi-moral-committee-threatens-to-cover-tempting-women-eyes/

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-for-sex-attacks/story-e6frg6nf-1111112419114

I'm glad that you have shown, in your post, that not all Muslims think this way. Unfortunately when some of the leaders promote, condone and do not admonish this kind of behaviour, it tends to get out of control.

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Funny you say that.

I think all three branches of the Abrahamic faith are very very dirty with this regards.

Of course, don't let it rain on your and other members' obsessions over Islam that Christianity and Judaism are also fruits of the poisonous tree, especially when it comes to sexuality.

10. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I think these sexually repressed guys need a trip to Miami...

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Education + legal protection for women.

This problem has existed in Egypt for as long as anyone can remember, so it is curious to see that it is only being brought up now. At least it is getting more awareness.

Right. Insert any country into that sentence and it is accurate.

This article does a disservice to just how serious a problem they have there.

12. IzakDavid13

I disagree with that statement. Can you quote anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or his apostles condone sexual assault?

Not saying that all Christians, Catholics , Jews, Buddhists or even Hindus are saints, we are all made of flesh and have carnal desires.

But a few things. A true Christian who follows Jesus Christ's teachings and wants to be a reflection of Christ has to 'die to himself' and gain control over his carnal man. Will he succumb? Possibly, there is always that chance.
    Men will always be men, and we are not perfect.

The difference being, correct me if I'm wrong, no other religion or god condones of, endorses and approves of rape and sexual assault.

No other prophet had sexual intercourse with a 9 year old little girl, and practiced 'thigh-ing', as well as fondling her before she was 9.

Muslims are told to follow his example.

Are there any Muslims on this board willing to step up and condemn the actions of their prophet in regards to his sexual behaviour towards little Aisha?

Any of my muslim brothers willing to say that what he did as a 50+ year old man with a 6-9 year old girl was wrong, disgusting, perverted and the behaviour of a pedophile?

*crickets...*crickets...

Are you willing to accept that challenge Mr Storm?

The main thing here is that since the Arab Spring, things have gotten worse for the women of Egypt in regards to sexual assault. This is not a good thing for the women of Egypt. Can we agree on that?

13. IzakDavid13

Agree. Egypt has always had this problem...but it is getting worse.

Agree. Sexual assault of women is a worldwide problem that needs to be addressed and dealt with.

14. Northside Storm

Funny, the Catholic Church has this exact same problem.

15. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Northside Storm

I think this whole theory is bogus and projection at best anyways. The country with one of the highest recorded rape rates per 100,000 is Sweden.

And the United States isn't that far behind, especially within the American military.

Maybe people need to stop ranting about specific patriarchal structures in a centuries-old book, and start looking at the real problem behind the veil (literally)---a male-first society reinforced by all mainstream religions.

1 person likes this.
  17. IzakDavid13

Sweden you say?

[​IMG]

http://muslimrapewave.wordpress.com/category/sweden/

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/08/s...average-of-five-rapes-a-day-in-stockholm.html

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i figured this was a whole bunch about nothing, its almost written like a joke

19. Northside Storm

Did...you just quote a wordpress blog named the "Rape Jihad"?

:confused:

And JihadWatch?

heh.

anyways, coolbeans on the random disconnected stories. I especially like the---

"Muslim Rape Epidemic in Europe Blamed on Global Warming
    Posted on April 4, 2012 "

and

"Another Muslim gang-rape in Sweden – the article doesn’t say it’s Muslim, but we all know it is"

You're showing your true colors my man.

Are the Muslims to blame in the American military and America as well? How about New Zealand? Or Botswana with the highest or nearly highest rape rate per 100,000 and her 5,000 Muslims?

I'd look again, and I'd probably stray away from the wordpress sites.

20. IzakDavid13

Follow the links to reputable newspapers and media...

But as always no response, just attack the messenger...sigh.

I'm sorry that they are not sites that you approve of, but there is no denying the truth.

Links from article posted below.

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/938

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=6251

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Articles/Sweden.htm