1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several Rockets will work out in LA with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 11, 2013.

1. TTNN

TTNN Member

my feeling it is most likely the same reason he played in Nash's soccer game for 5 min only. He was there in LA practicing, and based on the interview by Friedman, he was pretty positive. If he has anything against the LA training, he don't need to talk to Friedman, he don't need to join the training. The fact he was there, and he talked about the team need to buy in with coaches, at least shown he is willing to put those things aside.

And even he is going to be traded to other team, it is not a bad thing for him to practice with first class players like Harden and D12.

Unless he is limited to avoid potential injury. If he is injured or tired, he could still sit through the practice.

Not sure how that would affect the team chemistry though.

2. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Except Lin is not the PG of the team and will be even less so next season.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Yes he is Bev only started because of an injury. Lin still should be a starter come fall

4. bmd

bmd Member

One thing I've learned over the years is that people who post on the Internet like to jump to ridiculous conclusions over any little thing. They also love a good conspiracy theory.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

E-Meltdown, lol

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I thought he was back in Chicago.

7. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

link?

8. King1

He was. Not sure about currently though. At least Omar has vocally acknowledged he's pissed. Lin just took his ball and went home

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

[​IMG]

10. kcd

kcd Member

Why should Lin be pissed for? Omer is losing his starting position. No one has said Lin has lost his. Morey actually said Lin is the starting pg during is press conference after the draft.

11. bmd

bmd Member

This would be a rational person's first assumption.

It boggles my mind when people automatically jump to ridiculous conclusions without first considering more rational and obvious possibilities.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

About Lin, as well as Asik: I don't know if either one of these guys is happy or how certain the Rockets are about keeping or trading them. What I do know judging by their history is that these guys are consummate professionals (as Clyde would say) and will be working hard in the offseason and prepared to give 100% when the season starts for the Rockets or whatever new team they get traded to. They won't just sit around and dog it.

As far as the offseason workout, I'm pretty sure that everyone will get over their absence for either one day or the whole thing once everyone gathers for training camp. Trade rumors, trade demands and all this other stuff happen in the NBA, but people get over it. For example, when new Denver coach Brian Shaw was a young player, he spent the summer of 1990 getting sued by the Celtics for breaking his contract. He lost the suit and showed up and played well the next year.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That explains him staying away from the media, but wouldn't staying for this camp help him work on his game?

I agree with Yoyo, the evidence is mounting. I don't know what it all means, but he clearly is not acting like the starting pg and one of the leaders of the team. I don't know if he is mad, sad, confused, about to be traded, or what...but he is not acting like the Jeremy Lin that was excited to be part of this core group. It is great that he wants to skip media opportunities to work on his game, but why skip team opportunities? I guess today may be excused, but are they done for the week?

#673 RV6, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  14. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Not to be a LOF but pretty sure Lin has a good reason for not being there, i don't buy the "he's mad at management so he's ditching workouts organized by his teammates"

15. bmd

bmd Member

This reminds me of one time when Jeff Van Gundy was supposed to be announcing a game with Mike Breen, but Hubie Brown was there instead of Van Gundy.

People jumped to conclusions like ESPN must have finally fired Van Gundy. Or Van Gundy quit because he's looking to coach again. And everybody in the thread was agreeing!

I couldn't believe how ridiculous this was.

Not a single person chimed in and said "guys, has it ever occurred to you that maybe he's not there for a personal reason like being sick or a family emergency?"

Turns out he was sick.

I don't understand the mind of people who come up with ridiculous fantasies over mundane things.

16. trock

trock Member

You guys need to get out more. Really.

17. King1

Well, I think we all know to take what Morey says with a grain of salt. Personally, I think Lin was shopped heavily and the market wasn't there. I also believe that if he's on our roster to start the season he will be our starting PG. That said, who knows if his feelings are hurt. This isn't typical Lin behavior.

18. kcd

kcd Member

Like you know typical Lin behavior? Everyone is just speculating and don't really know anything.

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

He probably gave all his interviews to Parsons.

Lin reminds me a little of KDs attitude to the spotlight and training. Of course KD made a movie but I think both are private people that are serious about personal improvement and training. Is KD a Christian? This humbleness could come from a strong religious upbringing.

20. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

If that picture was taken today, he was at the Hakone Gardens in Saratoga, California.

http://www.hakone.com/main.html

There's a similar Japanese Garden around the LA area at the Huntington Library.

[​IMG]