1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seth Davis says Lebron is a lame front runner

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 12, 2010.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

No because you're not hopping on a bandwagon.

But their is a fine line between a die hard fan and a homer.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

You don't need a logical reason to like a team. You just do. Are you saying everyone who lives in Houston has to be a rockets fan just because they live there? :rolleyes:

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think some posters here are confused about what bandwagon fans are.

Bandwagon fans/front runners are those who only like a team because they're strong, and then switch to another team when that team becomes weak. If you like a team and you stick with it even when the team sucks, then you're not a band wagon fan. IIRC LBJ has always been a fan of his teams, and he's made no secret of that fact.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't see a facial resemblance.

Oh, and who the heck is Seth Davis?

6. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Haha thanks bro

First of all who is Seth Davis and why do we care lol. just another guy's stupid opinion. Second of all, if Lebron was really a bandwagoner wouldnt he like the New England Patriots? Dallas Cowboys have been the king of choke for the past decade and havent won a chip in a while. NY Yankees, yeh you can make that argument, but apparently he's loved them for a while.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Saw a guy at the game yesterday with a Colts jersey and a Yankees hat on.

I asked him where his Laker pants were.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

If he was just picking random teams to follow, the odds of him ending up as a Cowboys fan and a Yankees fan seems pretty low. I'm not sure why anyone here is arguing AGAINST the fact that he's a bandwagoner. Of course he is.

That said, just because a person likes to jump on bandwagons doesn't mean he's horrible or anyting. Most casual fans are like that. They likely don't spend a lot of free time hanging out on team message boards, so they don't represent your normal clutchfans poster. And it's not exactly blasphemous. But they are nonetheless bandwagoners.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Lets see, lebron was born in 84 or so. So when he was just getting into sports, who was on tv alot around 92 or 93? Oh, that would be the yankees and cowboys. What this twitter doesn't say is everyone can't afford cable or directv hasn't been around forever. I know growing up in the 70's (born in 71), the only football teams on tv were the teams who were winning like the steelers,cowboys,dolphins,vikings,raiders, and maybe a few others. In baseball it was the yankees,dodgers,red-sox and maybe a couple of more. Fortunately at the time when I really got into it, about 78, the oilers and astros were ok. A few years later, the rockets had a coupl of runs also, but for my brother who was born in 67, he's a cowboys,yankees, and whoever is playing against the lakers fan. There are alot of houstonians who were never oiler fans because the cowboys had been winning since the 60's and the oilers didn't start winning till the late 70's.

10. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

LMAO...exactly.

I grew up a Lakers(Magic)/Oilers(because of Earl Campbell)/Braves(TBS) fan.

Checked wiki - Seth Davis with no major sports playing experience of any kind and a PolySci degree had a gig writing for SI 3 years out of college...hmmm

Oh, now I get it. :rolleyes:

11. Steve_Francis_rules

You seem to be missing a crucial element of the bandwagoner. If he's still a fan of the Cowboys and it's been well over a decade since they won something, that's not a bandwagoner. A true bandwagoner would be a fan of the Colts, Patriots, or Saints by now.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you know the cowboys have won ONE playoff game in the last decade. if he was a bandwagon fan, ya think he would jump on the pats or colts bandwagon now? i dont' see him rocking brady's or manning's jersey.

PS - i start following hakeem and the rockets after they won their first ring b/c i was exposed to the NBA then. am i a bandwagon fan?

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

You aren't a frontrunner if you're publicly backing them when they've been barely more than mediocre for about 15 years.

If he was all of a sudden a huge Saints fan? Different story.

Unfair hate.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Since when do you have to have local or collegiate ties to an area to like their professional sports teams?? If that were the case, I bet the population of this very site would take a significant hit. As far as I know, he's liked the Yankees and Cowboys ever since he was a small child.....neither of those teams has been good for ALL 25+ years of his life. It's not front-running when you root for the same teams your entire life.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess the Browns and Indians weren't on TV when he was a kid living in Ohio.

16. Stepping Razor

Someone please rep this man. (I don't know how to)

17. Stepping Razor

no I think the timing was just right..probably the first team you knew. If you are still a fan (which I think you are) then I'd say no, not a bandwagoner :grin:

18. joesr

joesr Member

I grew up in Hawaii, who do I root for?

19. Steve_Francis_rules

Or maybe he just didn't like those teams for whatever reason.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Rooting for winners is easy. LeChoke wants everything gift wrapped, which is why he choose to be Wade's sidekick.