1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sessions or Williams could make us better than last year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fwood_rockets, Jul 27, 2014.

1. fwood_rockets

fwood_rockets Member

Right now the only way we are worse than last year is in creating offense on the perimeter. We only have one guy who can create offense on the perimeter on this team, and that's James Harden. Last year we had three. I like Trevor Ariza and think he can contribute more than Parsons in some areas (like rebounding, I loved Chandler, but he was a poor rebounder). So I think having Ariza will make our team better in rebounding and defense. But Ariza doesn't bring any ability to create offense. If we could bring in a guy who can create offense, then we will be better than last year. I don't mean someone on the level of Dragic or Rondo (who is a really bad fit). I mean someone like Ramon Sessions or Mo Williams, preferably Williams. Either of these guys would be upgrades over Lin, and that playmaking combined with Ariza's shooting can replace a most of Parsons' contributions. Losing Asik isn't as big a deal as people have been making it out to be. The backup center position only needs to defend and rebound, and not on the level Asik can bring. Guys like Dorsey, Adrien, and Capella all can do those things collectively.

In summary, all we need to replace the production of Parsons, Lin, and Asik is a back up PG with the ability to create offense. Combine this with improvement from T-Jones and D-Mo (and possibly Bev), Harden and Howard gelling, improved coaching compared to the end of last season, and better team chemistry make us a potentially better team.